Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Scuba Steve

The /newstuff Chronicles #284

I don't think he was desperately unfair. He gave it a pretty good rating (whatever snorkels and goggles etc mean ;) ). He said it was a fun wad and he seemed to enjoy it. He identified a number of good points and said it came together very well.

Clearly, however, it didn't push the right buttons to enthuse him as much as it did for me and he, presumably, didn't get as much of a kick out of it as I did.

That's fine - a healthy difference of opinion makes the world go round.

entryway said:

Scuba Steve was unfair of course. "A New Hellspawn" is a magnificent and great work. It is obvious.

Unfair?! Because he didn't agree with you?!

PUHLEASSEEE!

deathz0r said:

*whistles and quietly walks by*

That's right Deathz0r. We started this huge mess AAAAAAAAAAAAll by ourselves. :D

Niya said:

I wasn't talking about my map. Ive seen your comments for some
pretty decent maps, and the are all negative and the majority of
the time other people tend to disagree. Xexis was considered pretty
decent. There were some complaints but generally it had its good
qualities and was quite beautiful. But you are so unforgiving,
your opinion was very very biased against it. You are a very negative person.......I think you need help. You got issues man and
if you allow me to, I will try to help you to get rid of all that
negative vibes man, carry you to bang a few hos and shit and socialize in the real world, so you'd see that there is a world
out there not just doomworld. You take yourself way too seriously.

Lighten the hell up man.

I happen to like Belial his feedback negative or positive, he has given me some very good feedback in the past.

I juste want to say Thank you to scuba steve for the PM. Atleast he is willing to be civil with me. I know everyone else won't care so whatever.
I'll never get a fair deal here, so I'll do you a favor and seldomly post here for the masses. Heh, fuck me. Fuck jetflock. Thats all you will need to know.

Csonicgo said:

Maybe if you realise that legacy refuses to run on certain CPUs and Graphics cards, you'd have considered that. Until GZDoom has Coronas and correct lighting for some graphics cards (hey Graf, how about looking into legacy's lighting code for compatibility purposes? they don't TILE like timmie's lights!) then it will never play correctly.

On another note, if you knew the gameplay sucked, why didn't you do something about it?

Because it was a concept wad. If legacy doesn't run for you, it's not my problem.
( I have a wirless modem.. regarding editing posts...I can't always do that...)

jetflock said:

Because it was a concept wad. If legacy doesn't run for you, it's not my problem.
( I have a wirless modem.. regarding editing posts...I can't always do that...)

In a way, it kind of is.
Not everyone has the same computer as you, and Legacy has quite a few bugs, and problems that can crash a game if the wad is not tuned perfectly. Before you release a legacy wad, or any wad for that matter, it's good to try and get some other people (Some with crappy PCs even.) to playtest your level. When I tried to launch BLTN with legacy, the game wouldn't even start. I just got a segment violation error. I put in -mb 128 BTW. When I launched Gzdoom, the only problem I really had were some graphical bugs, but those really didn't bother me.
I must admit though, some of the weapons were extremely funny. My personal favorite was the cig. It was kind of fun to burn the little kids in a disturbing sort of way.

Scuba Steve said:

A brand new palette was applied to turn everything grayscale except for the red index, which might not sound like much, but it really adds a whole atmosphere to this level.

Sweet! I've always thought that looked cool, hence doom noir. Glad to see it used in a level.

I considered including a zip with "Doom noir" in Phobia. But then I didn't. Since it's already in the archives anyway.