• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Janizdreg

Which Doom sites do you visit?

See topic

And to answer my question:

Frequently:
Doomworld (mostly the forums, since there are rarely new news bits) & its /idgames database, Doom Wiki

Sometimes:
Compet-N, New Doom (ND is nowadays a better source for news than DW), ZDoom.org, GZDoom site

Rarely:
WADs In Progress, Chocolate Doom site

Janizdreg said:

New Doom (ND is nowadays a better source for news than DW)

Them's fightin' words, son!

I only check Doomworld and the Doom Wiki regularly (both daily; often hourly). I tend to visit most major Doom sites once every few days or weeks anyway, due to random browsing.

SkullTag forums about every 10 minutes
Doomworld about twice a day
ZDoom.org once a day
Zdaemon.org once a week
#DMClub.org multiple times a day
DoomRealm once every 2 days
And some other SkullTag clan forums about once a day

Doomworld, ZDoom forums, and drdteam forums (which includes the Armory). I also visit planetdoom, mostly for DoomToons.

I go to Doomworld. Once a year I'll visit idsoftware.com to see if I remember what it looks like.

Doomworld daily, for the forums. Then from there (lead by links or comments) I check any other site for resources and info, especially: the idgames archive, Doomworld's SDA, Doom2.net (includes COMPET-N and my own site), the DOOM wiki, and (though not much lately) Challenge-TV. I occasionally check the doom-related google groups and also the id games forum on Romero's site, as well.

I visit the Doomworld forums and skulltag forums a few times a day, I check the Team Future forums daily, and I go on a freinds forum not often enough ;)

I'm assuming regular visitation is implied, as the list would be far too long otherwise, heh.

Recent Changes on the Legacy Wiki is my homepage, mostly to make sure I don't miss any spam or vandalism. I'll have both the Newdoom and Doomworld forums open in tabs whenever I'm online. I usually check the Doom Wiki and WADs in Progress once a day. Maybe once a week I'll skim through the ZDaemon and Skulltag forums. Whenever someone mentions an update in the IRC channel, I'll take a look at #DMClub.org. I also periodically check youfailit's QDB for new and amusing IRC quotes.

I daily check DoomWorld (especially forums), NewDoom (the best as for news!), ZDoom.org (forums, if interested in something particular - I am mostly interested just in new versions of the port and new features); DoomWadStation; Tormentor667' site (Realm667).

Doomworld (forums and idgames database)
Newdoom (forums)
The sourceforge site for Prboom-plus (and occasionally those for Prboom and Chocolate-Doom)
The compet-n FTP site (/incoming)
The Doom Community archive (though not as regularly atm as I used to)

Other sites, I'll just visit occasionally, either to find something specific or when there is a relevant link from somewhere. Every so often I'll visit cd.textfiles.com to see if there is anything new there.

Doomworld of course.
Sometimes teamtnt.com to check if there are any news about Eternal Doom IV.

And I'm gonna ramble the Internet out to find additionnal Heretic fansites if I begin to know all /idgames levels by heart.

Grazza said:

The Doom Community archive

What is the URL of this site? It sounds interesting but Google fails it...

I'd like to see someone post that doesn't visit the Doomworld forums regularly :P

alexz721 said:

Them's fightin' words, son!

Not really, I mean just compare the two news pages.

I check the doomworld forums daily for so-called activity in the community. Also I check the ZDoom forums, but not nearly as much as dw as I have less reason to go. I visit the /idgames database to get new wads as often as I get new wads (that arent betas or private releases or whatever). I occasionally check the compet-n incoming to see if I need to update my mirror (the rest of it is on my hard drive). There are a few personal sites run by community members that I pop into on a semi regular basis as well, including all subdomains at dmclub.org and doomrealm.mancubus.net

I'm sure theres a ton of community I dont see but I'm quite content with the part I do see.

Doomworld and Zdoom. Sometimes, it depends on the link, some other sites listed in this thread.

I visit Planetdoom once in a blue moon for news bits and their cartoon strips. But I visit Doomworld on a daily basis, mainly for the forums.

Too many sites to mention. :p

Mainly Newdoom and Doomworld.

[edit]...and definitely Wads In Progress. It's great to see what mappers are designing all on the one site.