Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ralphis

Doom on Nintendo DS (With Multiplayer)

Ralphis said:
Based off prboom. Check it out

Time to buy a DS, it seems...

Lizardcommando said:
I wonder what happened to that other homebrewed Doom DS game.

This one? Looks like another one of those "instead of porting prboom like any normal team would we're gonna remake Doom64 on the DS as soon as one of use learns programming but in the meantime we're gonna draw all the models and stuff cause it's gonna be 3D we just need some modellers and artists on our team before we can start"-type mods...

CODOR said:

Time to buy a DS, it seems...

This one? Looks like another one of those "instead of porting prboom like any normal team would we're gonna remake Doom64 on the DS as soon as one of use learns programming but in the meantime we're gonna draw all the models and stuff cause it's gonna be 3D we just need some modellers and artists on our team before we can start"-type mods...

Exactly. The guy even got people donating money to him via Paypal to continue to his vaporware project. I'm glad that this now makes it irrelevant, hopefully people will ignore it from now on.

I got a DS lite for my birthday a couple of weeks ago and was actually planning on doing a Doom port of my own, but I guess I don't need to now :-)

fraggle said:

I got a DS lite for my birthday a couple of weeks ago and was actually planning on doing a Doom port of my own, but I guess I don't need to now :-)

Make a level editor instead.

I wonder if it would be possible to play it in the opengl mode... I sure hate software mode in video games because of my intel computer with no 3D rendering whatsoever...

i found this out like a month or two ago i was going to post oit here but i thought it was old.
it dont matter. looks like im going to buy that game when it comes out.

You cannot buy the game! You need a homebrew capable DS, i have one and i can play doom 1 and 2 on my nintendo ds. Its good.

That's just silly. Just another example of Doom being ported to something else, just for the sake of it being ported; it practically doesn't even use the second screen.

What would be really cool if they made one based off Zdoom. So I could play RTC 3057, Action Doom, and A New HEll Spawn on the go!

How well could the DS handle Zdoom though? The only reason Metroid Prime worked is because it has really low res textures.

RTC_Marine said:

they should use chocolate-doom

prboom's known to be highly portable though. It's been successfully used for the Gamepark series, RockBox, Dreamcast, DS etc.

ZDoom for the GP2X would be cool, mainly because it's the most complete source port with software rendering. Not sure if it would run well though.

In the meantime, I'll just have to stick with the PRBoom port...