Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CodeImp

Next major technological breakthrough?

CODOR said:

Get a fairly decent vodka (preferably potato instead of grain-based) and stick the whole bottle in the freezer. After a few hours, pull it out and serve it neat. The burn you usually get when drinking it will be almost gone, and I can notice a sweet taste to it.

This has two advantages. First, you won't be mixing it with fruit juices, whose sugar is the cause of most vodka-related hangovers. Second, it's easy to drink and a couple full glasses should be enough to get one's self drunk.

Yeah, that's what I usually do. Cash has been pretty short lately, so I've had to stick with Aristocrat. Pretty harsh stuff; almost have to mix it. Either that, or I just don't drink.

mallis said:

genetic engineering. Living, breathing sofas made out of real skin and blood that mould to the countours of your body. Cars with hearts and stomaches that run on coca cola instead of fossil fuel. Computers with organic brains.

The future will be gross. trust me on this.

Heh, that reminds me of this Frank Herbert novella I read called "Whipping Star" where a lot of their technology was based off of genetically engineered life forms. They had "couch dogs" and these weird creatures that they used like a phone to allow them to talk to people on the other side of the galaxy.

That's one of the things I like about Frank Herbert. While most sci-fi authors fill their works primarily with advenced technology, Herbert has a hard on for advanced geneteics, psychology, and spirituality.

mallis said:

genetic engineering. Living, breathing sofas made out of real skin and blood that mould to the countours of your body. Cars with hearts and stomaches that run on coca cola instead of fossil fuel. Computers with organic brains.

The future will be gross. trust me on this.

Why does this remind me of "Hannibal Lector"?