Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Torn

Heretic: Treasure Chest

Torn said:

Yes, but maybe you all could write that in your text file, when you are finished with the map(s).

I roj that..Man this brings back some memories of when I used to make maps for Heretic, and with the Power of DOOMBUILDER its easy to make a nice solid map even with limited textures and whatnot. I used to use Edmap for makeing maps for DOOM and Heretic.

If I didn't have any projects for others games running on, I would have tried myself to make something that looks like a better map than those I review less than 3 stars... I never ever launched any Doom engine map editor heh.

I was going to bring up that topic of discussion too, but this all took off too quickly and unorganized, so as it is now it should be fine in a single megathread. If we were going to be comparing and matching/reworking existing projects then I might do something like that.

I'll take E2M5 and if its no big thing E3M8 because I have a wicked D'Sparil fight in mind.

If i don't get a slot I'm going to regret it so I'll take e1m6, start with something simple...

HobbsTiger1 said:

I'll take E2M5 and if its no big thing E3M8 because I have a wicked D'Sparil fight in mind.

I put both of these in the index for now (along with some others) but Torn may want to limit it to 1 map per person so don't take my update as official.

Torn said:
Don't has to be heretic vanilla valid, just limit-removing, so it can be played on sourceports like Jheretic or Zdoom.

Tormentor667 said:

Is this for vanilla Heretic? Or Boom compatible?

There is no Boom compatible Heretic. Unlike Doom the port situation is quite different here and if you want better editing features there isn't much of a choice. AFAIK ZDoom and Legacy are the only ports that support Heretic with some Boom support.

I don't think so. There's maybe a lack of various enemies and/or textures (even if you may import some from Doom and Hexen games) but the gameplay may be much more complex in some maps than you may think, see Ultimate Doomer's Shadow.wad in the archive.

Naan said:

I don't think so. There's maybe a lack of various enemies and/or textures (even if you may import some from Doom and Hexen games) but the gameplay may be much more complex in some maps than you may think, see Ultimate Doomer's Shadow.wad in the archive.

I do believe he's whining about his inability to work with the original heretic engine's editing capabilities, not the lack of certain monsters or textures.

Only mapslots in episode 3 left to be taken, as I took e2m7 as the last level in episode 2. :D

HE! =D Thank you! :)
Maybe you don't know... but here in DoomWorld forums probably somebody doesn't like me, since I recently found some of my messages (or parts of it: even questions! - Isn't it censure?!) deleted in other thread! So... I try to be very polite. :)