Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Torn

Heretic: Treasure Chest

DarkJedi188 said:

Umm...Do you mean that your map is currently incompatible with ZDOOM or that ZDOOM currently doesn't run on your system for some reason?

If it's only the map that's incompatible, just try to use another sourceport. Why limit yourself just to ZDOOM?

How many other ports support Heretic? Not many. :P

esselfortium said:

How many other ports support Heretic? Not many. :P

Actually... Most of them
Doesn't matter though, these maps are supposed to work with all the ports afaik. Or atleast those with Boom compitability.

DarkJedi188 said:

Umm...Do you mean that your map is currently incompatible with ZDOOM or that ZDOOM currently doesn't run on your system for some reason?

If it's only the map that's incompatible, just try to use another sourceport. Why limit yourself just to ZDOOM?

It's a problem with my system, no port at all is running... kinda strange but I need to reformat in the next few days to fix this issue!

I haven't worked on my map at all in the last couple of months. Just thought I'd put that out in the open. I can also think of a few people from a certain IRC channel that haven't done any work on their maps, too.

Hmm, just to double check - Does limit removing mean we can use flats on walls, or is that ZDoom specific? It's no biggie, since I can just take the flats I'm using and add them as patches

Kirby said:

Hmm, just to double check - Does limit removing mean we can use flats on walls, or is that ZDoom specific? It's no biggie, since I can just take the flats I'm using and add them as patches

That's Zdoom-specific.

Kirby said:

Oink

Yeah, I've also been planning to bump this thread back up to the first page, but I didn't have the courage to be the one to do it first :p

C'mon you guys, what's the status report?
who's still on the team and what have you got so far?
Can we at least have a 4 level beta with unaligned textures ready for Xmas?

Lorenzo said:

Ok, i finished my map. Where should i send it ?
Lorenzo

Well, for startes, compress it with WinZip so that it takes up less space and bandwidth.
Then get either a RapidShare account or a Geocities account or a FreeWebs account or something like that.
Upload your compressed WAD there, and then post the link for us here.

Thanks.
I'd love to see what you've built.

Hey, but in this way everybody could download and play my level !
I thought the levels will be released for the first time in the megawad, not as stand-alone wads on the web !

Lorenzo

Lorenzo said:

I thought the levels will be released for the first time in the megawad, not as stand-alone wads on the web !

Well, if you check the previous pages of this thread, you'll see that someone has already posted their single level online and made it open for some beta testing.
And they've received mostly friendly comments & suggestions rather than angry flames.

It's all up to you to decide, really.
You can just send it over to Torn as an email attachment if you're so worried.
But I want to play betas/demos for Christmas. So I'll feel left out, if you make that choice.

I'd make a map but first I need to finish my slot for fraggle's Toke tribute. Making maps for Heretic is different enough to be interesting, and people seemed to like the one I made before. (Plus I haven't released anything new for almost a year.)

I am working on e2m7 atm. Gonna be the normal rocky mountain style, you see in Heretic Episode 2.

Thanks for letting me do a run through your E1M1,Torn.
It was a very short yet sweet experience....
I launched it at Skill3: Bringest Them Oneth and I managed to find the 2 secrets and pull the exit switch within 6 minutes and 16 seconds.
I was placed at a moderate danger of dying inside the green key room, but then to my relief I discovered that there actually was an ethereal crossbow right down the hall, so that saved my skin with like around 30% of health or so.

Those are my comments on the gameplay, now about the actual look and physical layout...
I liked that there was a lot of windows allowing for glimpses of the big courtyard from all the sides of the citadel.
But what disappointed me is that the courtyard wasn't accessible and that it was empty. Perhaps some decorations and gargoyle imps could be placed there.

Otherwise, it was really neat. And, most importantly of all, it ran in Doomsday without any quirks.

Cheers!
Looking forward to more maps.
And not just from Torn. You other guys get more involved already.
I've seen group projects dying in the past, and I really wouldn't want this particular one to be like those ones.

DarkJedi188 said:

But what disappointed me is that the courtyard wasn't accessible and that it was empty. Perhaps some decorations and gargoyle imps could be placed there.

Heh, that's what I said :P

Though, I personally suggest more natural stuff like ponds, grass patches, jagged rock walls and perhaps some caves or a waterfall/stream on one side... but, extra pieces of building structure could look nice too.

Lorenzo said:

Ok, i finished my map. Where should i send it ?
Lorenzo

send it at tornthedark (at) gmail.com

Argh, I'm sorry I haven't responded to this thread in awhile, I had to get caught up with a few things in RL. Could I please be removed from E2M8? I would still like to do E1M3 if possible.
Thanks in advance.

KingofFlames said:

Argh, I'm sorry I haven't responded to this thread in awhile, I had to get caught up with a few things in RL. Could I please be removed from E2M8? I would still like to do E1M3 if possible.
Thanks in advance.

I removed you from e2m8. Well, in the end I am gonna arrange the levels anyway.

KingofFlames said:

I also have another question, will we need to put co-op starts in our maps?

I'd like to have coop and deathmatch starts in the levels. Just starts. :)

Double post, but I have a screenshot for progress on my map.
I call it "Azure Falls".

(It is not a GZDoom map, I just took the screenshot in GZDoom)