Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SlatheDoomer

*NEW SCREENS* Babel

Looks very nice. One can't judge much about screenshots but seems to be a very fun map. And the name is good, fit perfectly with the vanilla atmosphere.

I like the name, personally. I wouldn't mind if you kept it the same, but that's up to you.

The screenshots look very nice. Hopefully it plays as good as it looks. :)

dutch devil said:

You might want to delete these sectors I marked in blue, it looks to me as if they are double sided linedefs.
Unless they have an reason for being there but it looks to me it doesn't do anything.
http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/9486/gridls2sa4.png

They are double-sided. They are walls. Is it better to delete the sectors to make the space void? To make walls inside of a sector i just raise the floor or lower the ceiling.

SlatheDoomer said:

They are double-sided. They are walls. Is it better to delete the sectors to make the space void? To make walls inside of a sector i just raise the floor or lower the ceiling.

Yes, it's preferred to make the space void if you're making a wall or a pillar. That is, unless you want the wall to appear solid at first but then lower as part of a trap of some sort. :)

The preference of void spaces doesn't really affect much in game. It just means there's an extra few sectors, which may add a few superfluous kilobytes. As long as you don't go overboard with unnecessary sectors, it shouldn't detract from the map.