Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kirby

"Promiscuous" and Nelly's change to pop

Not sure how many people would be interested (if any at all), but I was curious as to others' opinions, if they had any, on Nelly Furtado's change to pop/rap to mix with today's new crowd of popular music?

In my opinion, it is a smart move, giving off music that the public already enamors and wants more of, but it also saddens me at the same time that she has veered off the music that she gave off in her previous album. In any case, thoughts?

(please treat this seriously)

To be honest with you, I don't think many people, if any, on Doomworld, are fans of Nelly Furtado.

I think she is extremely sexy, her first album was unique and didn't sound like any thing else out there in the pop world. But no, not really my type of music. But then again, now adays I don't really care for music at all really. And about her moving to more mainstream music, the bills gotta be paid, and her last album didn't even go gold.

Didn't like her first album, heard clips of her new material at some point and thought it was worse.

And as others have said, not really my type of music anyway.

Same with that other singer, Kelis. Once they all strived to be nice and somewhat interesting, but now the producers (I suppose) told them they should try selling their bodies a bit. Not that I liked the kind of pop they used to do anyway, but it really goes to show how they subject themselves to whatever caters more to people's tastes (I mean, teenagers' puberties).

I like dave brockie's (aka oderus urungus of GWAR) take on this song, even though he's got the wrong nelly. the rapper in the song is timbaland. the only reason I even know this is cuz I saw them performing on SNL. she did look good BTW.

dave said:

“Promiscuous Girl” This odious little dittie concerns Nelly and his attempts to fuck some bitch that seems to think her shit doesn't stink. Basically he tells her he wants to nail her and she tell's him she's not a ho. Then they go shopping or something. Then I think he fucks her. This song would have been a lot better with a big Eazy-E (back from the dead) guest appearance. He coulda slapped the shit out of this bitch the second she fucking started running her trap, then shoved his cock down her throat. The rest of his crew forces Nelly, at gunpoint, to his knees to watch the whole thing. Eazy blasts the ‘ho with a UZI, and then makes Nelly suck off his pit-bull!

oh yeah, and I hate this song.

leileilol said:

it's still the same thing in my eyes: shit genre to shit genre. Not really moving for music anyway.

Agreed

kristus said:

I don't think I can stress this enough. I HATE Nelly Furtado.

Agreed

Rhythm and blues started in the late 40's, dude, and much of it was excellent. It's only in the last decade or two that it's transformed into unlistenable pap.

alexz721 said:

Rhythm and blues started in the late 40's, dude, and much of it was excellent. It's only in the last decade or two that it's transformed into unlistenable pap.

Hence the quotes around 'r&b' :P

spank said:

Nelly Furtado is a Canadian

So That's why I don't know nelly ferr..ta.. whatever the fuck. NEXT!

Most people in this community are not going to be familiar with a singer like this. I know I'm not. R&B and pop these days aren't exactly in different leagues.

XDelusion said:

Nelly must die! He's a fake ass rapper!

Best post in the thread.

What the industry calls R&B is NOT R&B!

It's dudes and chicks sining over top of built in keyboard loops (usually) and 99% of the songs are about chasing tale, as if there is nothing else to life, well that and material wealth.

XDelusion said:

Nelly must die! He's a fake ass rapper!

As usual you've shown up to just further prove to us that you are far from intelligent.

Please, if you aren't going to at least read about the subject the thread is about before you post, at least read the thread alone.

However, I'm not sure that your current brain power can sufficiently process hard information such as genders

Nelly sucks, he took his style from Wish Bone of Bone Thugz N Harmony. He must be executed braveheart style, until he yells mercy.

This isn't about fucking Nelly the rapper you blind shits. Please read the thread for christ's sake. The person being talked about isn't even a male

R&B used to be fine; if America could learn to change it's subject of choice more often, we might be somewhere better