Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
kristus

Bad day LA Demo is out. :D

Oh god that looks awesome. the graphics are very simple(yay), the explosions are numerous.. and... a hamburger boss... just awesome. Aspyr has done it again.

It's no fun with Zombies when you can heal them.
Zombies are supposed to be killed in various sangenious ways. Not healed with a fire extinguisher.

The games very limited. You can only go where they want you to. I figure this will change as the game progresses however.

I love the idea of being a black bum with a few screws loose.

Man, what a crazy game. I like how you can die and come back to life seconds later, made dealing with those terrorists a lot less frustrating. I wasn't expecting it to be open like GTA is, so I have no problem with the stage setup.

caco_killer said:

What isn't wrong with StarForce?

Fixed it for you.

Never heard of this game before reading this thread.

It sucks. Badly.

Im not supposed to attack people but it's okie dokie for them to attack me? How is this supposed to be fun?

The graphics arent great for a modern game. Yes I see that the style is supposed to be simple, and the intro video made it all look pretty cool. But when I was actually playing it looked like crap. Textures are of poor quality. Models didnt look great (no, the art style isnt an excuse) but I guess that might have been for performance reasons. I guess the gass clouds looked good. The shadows were also really, really blocky. Maybe it was done that way for performance but it would have been nice to have some kind of options for higher quality. However the options menu doesnt have any... anything. I experienced numerous graphical glitches too. Lots of z-fighting. Dunno if that's a problem on my end.

Main character sounds good but all the other voice acting is bad. Attempts at humor are embarrasingly bad. Music was ok.

I guess it controls alright.

Overall it was the exact opposite of fun to play and visually it looks like something from 4 years ago. Pass.

jesus, that is ugly.

Why the hell didn't they go down the cell shading route? Those character designs wouldn't have been any less ugly with half the polygons.

They tried to make the characters look like the ones from Tin Tin. I kinda liked it if done right. This is just the demo, I'm sure they will let us set our own video and performance options.

Somje nice cell-shading would have helped the look of this game a lot. The characters look really bad as it is done now though.