Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Technician

Ghost Rider trailer

Mr. Cage playing a dark character doesn't sit well with me. Mr. Cage playing any character besides a goofy dumb ass doesn't sit well with me.

I think it might be Cage's gigantic bottom lip that makes him look like a pouting little girl as opposed to a dark, angst filled character.

Technician said:

And has anyone noticed that Nicholas Cage is in roughly every third movie.

I was about to say something about that.

He's horribly miscast in this movie. Not that I've actually read the comics or anything, but he just doesn't have the looks or the general attitude.

I find Cage to be one of the better actors out there, and I have confidence in his role. It's also a good idea to base a movie around a comic with a small cult following, so there'll be minimal angry fans going on about how much the film adaptation sucks.

Danarchy said:

I was about to say something about that.

He's horribly miscast in this movie. Not that I've actually read the comics or anything, but he just doesn't have the looks or the general attitude.

Were you also going to say that Iron Maiden has way too many albums too.

Huhwhat? Maiden haven't released like 5 albums in the last year. :P

Cage does seem to be doing an awful lot of movies recently. But then that's not necessarily a bad thing. He's a decent actor.

However, I saw this trailer a while back in the cinema and I thought then that he didn't seem quite right for it, from the trailer. That was the impression I got from the trailer, but I'll wait for the full movie before passing judgement.

Snarboo said:

I think it might be Cage's gigantic bottom lip that makes him look like a pouting little girl as opposed to a dark, angst filled character.

Doesnt the main character have a flaming skull as a head? I cant see Cage's face coming into the matter...

The flaming skull isn't always his appearance, I think it's only at night or something. And to the poster who finds Nicolas Cage to be one of the better actors......WTF!!

Starring Slack Jaw McGee as the flaming skull!

Man, that dude can't act. I liked him in Raising Arizona, but that's about it.

It looks ok. But, I dont think its as dark and gritty as it sould be and adding some crapy love story to Ghost Rider seems like it could kill the moive.

I was a big Ghost Rider fan growing up and any one that has read the books will tell you that the 90's Ghost Rider was the best.

It was when comics were moving away from the Superman type heros and going for more of a darker anti-hero. The biggest exaples of this have to be Punisher, Wolverine, Spawn and Ghost Rider.

I think a moive based of Dan Ketch as Ghost Rider and not Johnny Blaze would be better. Cage is not a good Johnny Blaze hes a good actor I'll give him that.

Speaking of, does any one think the movie Spawn sucked. All my friends liked it but I thought it was terrible. I'll stick to the HBO series.

baronofhell said:

And to the poster who finds Nicolas Cage to be one of the better actors......WTF!!

It seems he often gets cast in films with amazingly written dialogue, thick drama, and dark, awkwardly placed humor-- basically the stuff he's mastered. Now, does Ghost Rider come off as a movie that'll have all that? Not really. Nonetheless, Cage certainly isn't a person without clue as to what he's doing; he's, at least, a good all-around actor and would be able to pull off nearly any role fairly well.

However, in the end, it's all a matter of oppinion. Having seen many Nicolas Cage movies, I have a somewhat educated guess that he'll be great in Ghost Rider, and many will love it.

Hated it. The HBO cartoons were way better.

Didn't the clown molest children in the animated series?

baronofhell said:

Mr. Cage playing a dark character doesn't sit well with me. Mr. Cage playing any character besides a goofy dumb ass doesn't sit well with me.

I'm going to go ahead and agree with you there.

Having francis ford coppola as an uncle does'nt hurt either, but more thought should be put into what he is casted in. as i see that he isnt necessarily right for every part myself. where there is power (being hollywood in this case) cash cows will be milked i guess.. but for the time being he seems to be a face that sell's. i think he's a pretty good actor, but not for 2-3 movies a year playing god knows what each time (what it seems like anyways) he's a good comedic based actor that can also have somewhat of a serious side, but it just seems like somebody else turned down the part for this role, i wonder if it was tom hanks, hmm...

Having cage in the lead role should be a mark of proof that it will be fairly true to it's origins, seeing how he is a total comic-book geek.

Personally I like Cage as an actor. Although a lot of the movies he made haven't been in my likings.

Bank said:

Doesnt the main character have a flaming skull as a head? I cant see Cage's face coming into the matter...

If they wanted someone who's face fit a skull...they could use Nicole Richie...hurrhurrhurrhurr. ;)

TheCupboard said:

Didn't the clown molest children in the animated series?

I believe in the animated series, violator disguises himself as Billy Kincaid, and kidnaps Cyan to enrage Spawn further.

In the comics, it's a separate character, Billy Kincaid himself, who Spawn kills. Later issues show Billy's expiriences in Hell, eventually becoming a hell spawn himself.

Nope in the animated series Billy Kincaid is a separate character that has contact with the violator. We find out Billy Kincaid is the mayor’s son. Like I said, Spawn kicks his ass and the violator finishes him off when he finds him close to death.

I have to say that this doesn't look too promising. As others have said already, Cage does not seem to have been the proper casting for this part. I don't think people will take the movie as seriously with him in that lead role.

baronofhell said:

Mr. Cage playing any character besides a goofy dumb ass doesn't sit well with me.

Agreed. He is a dreary, unbelievable vomit inspiring, droopy expressioned, sloppily spoken piece of turd who ruins any movie he comes anywhere near. All IMO, of course. ;)

Enjay said:

He is a dreary, unbelievable vomit inspiring, droopy expressioned, sloppily spoken piece of turd who ruins any movie he comes anywhere near. All IMO, of course. ;)

Sadly, he has a mere more money than we could ever dream of. Nepotism is great, ain't it, Uncle Francis?

And on the note of Coppolas...Sofia sucks out loud. I always thought she was beautiful, despite her big gini nose (but I'm a gini too, so...) but she can't act worth a damn (*cough* Godfather III *cough*).