Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
darknation

BBQ Jew

I can understand peoples concern with this matter, but at the same time I think it’s a rather neat idea as long as he openly doesn't belittle any races. However Hitler is kind of an odd thing to name a restaurant in India. I figured the U.S or French may have done this first.

I can picture ordering a side of Baby Jew back ribs.

Technician said:

I can picture ordering a side of Baby Jew back ribs.

I want my baby jew baby jew baby jew baby jew baby jew baby jew baby jew baby jew...

I hope someone burns this restaurant to the ground. Just reading an article about it has brought out Anti-Semitic jokes in this thread.

What a stupid idea. Everyone already expects my pro-Jew pro-Israel standpoint, but I don't even think thats necessary right now. More like my anti-stupidity standpoint.

"We wanted to be different. This is one name that will stay in people's minds," owner Punit Shablok told Reuters. "We are not promoting Hitler. But we want to tell people we are different in the way he was different."

He wants people to know that they are different like Hitler was different? That doesn't even make sense. Are they saying that they're planning mass genocides, or that their food is unusual and unique? Analogies usually are stupid and irrelevant, but this one is off the charts.

A huge portrait of a stern-looking Fuehrer greets visitors at the door. The cross in the restaurant's name refers to the swastika that symbolised the Nazi regime.

Last time I checked, a cross was a completely different shape than a swastika. I really have nothing else to say about that, these guys are doing all my work for me.

"This place is not about wars or crimes, but where people come to relax and enjoy a meal," said restaurant manager Fatima Kabani, adding that they were planning to turn the eatery's name into a brand with more branches in Mumbai.

If the place isn't about war or crimes, then why would you name it after Hitler? Even ignoring the fact it's Hitler, it's still stupid. Why would you name a restaurant after a military leader and then have it have nothing to do with war? Or why would you name a restaurant Charles Manson and say it has nothing to do with crimes? It boggles the mind.

The swastika has its roots in ancient Indian Hindu tradition and remains a sacred symbol for Hindus. Nazi theorists appropriated it to bolster their central hypothesis of the Aryan origins of the German people.

This is irrelevant as the obvious use of the swastikas at the restaurant are in the context of Nazism and not Hinduism. On top of that, the Nazi swastika is technically supposed to be on a diagonal slant, and be right facing.

Naming a resturant that is... Pretty silly. I'm more concerned about this guy though.

"This signifies a severe lack of awareness of the agony of millions of Jews caused by one man," said Jonathan Solomon, chairman of the Indian Jewish Federation, the community's umbrella organisation.

Come to think of it...I have had a taste for human flesh recently.

I'd like to start my own restraunt called: John Wayne Gacy's Crawlspace of Fun with our corporate mascot, Pogo the Clown. Gather 'round kiddies and sit on his animatronic groping stool!

insertwackynamehere said:

What a stupid idea. Everyone already expects my pro-Jew pro-Israel standpoint, but I don't even think thats necessary right now. More like my anti-stupidity standpoint.

what, you're going to hang yourself?

If the place isn't about war or crimes, then why would you name it after Hitler? Even ignoring the fact it's Hitler, it's still stupid. Why would you name a restaurant after a military leader and then have it have nothing to do with war? Or why would you name a restaurant Charles Manson and say it has nothing to do with crimes? It boggles the mind.

publicity! All of a sudden, everyone is talking about Hitler's bar! Kaaa-Ching!

reminds me of another pub I went to...

I don't see this place lasting very long. Besides an obvious reason, the novelty of eating at a Hitler themed restaurant wears off rather quickly, unless they add Chucky Cheese style animatronics with a dancing Fuehrer.

Snarboo said:

I don't see this place lasting very long. Besides an obvious reason, the novelty of eating at a Hitler themed restaurant wears off rather quickly, unless they add Chucky Cheese style animatronics with a dancing Fuehrer.

Dancing Animatronic Hitler!

Hitler: MMMMMMM WHY ARN"T WE A BINCH A PURE BREADS DIS EVENING

Last time I checked, a cross was a completely different shape than a swastika. I really have nothing else to say about that, these guys are doing all my work for me.

The lines cross each other therfore swastika = cross.

They aren't trying to hurt anybody so whats the problem? It's not an exclusive club or anything.

I wish them luck. If only they could fully transform it into a themed restaurant with german food, SS uniforms and a show, it could join the ranks with Buffalo Bill and those awesome medieval places.

I wanna sit on Hitler's lap and see if his moustache is real. Then I'll ask him for a pony made out of the skin of the "inferior beings".

Ouch, that's a slap in the face for millions of Jews. Can't be suprised the place will be burned down one day, probably by radicals.

Some tiny little restaurant that would have gone completely unnoticed otherwise isnt much of a slap in the face for millions of people. Pretty tactless of course, but you have to admire their moxie!

Good...I'm gonna open up a restaurant in honor of Scott Peterson. Where all animals will be served without their heads or limbs and a their fetus as a side dish. My location will be in Modesto, but I'll say it's in Paris. Then I'll deny all involvement with the restaurant, dye my hair and flee to Mexico.

MUMBAI (Reuters) - A restaurant in India's financial hub has agreed to change its name from "Hitler's Cross" following strong protests by the country's tiny Jewish community and pressure from Israel.

"Hitler's Cross," which opened a week ago using posters of the Fuehrer and Nazi swastikas for publicity, initially refused to change its name, but relented Thursday and covered its signboards with white cloth

http://today.reuters.com/news/articlenews.aspx?type=oddlyEnoughNews&storyID=2006-08-24T130109Z_01_DEL270636_RTRUKOC_0_US-INDIA-HITLER.xml&WTmodLoc=Home-C5-oddlyEnoughNews-2

Does anyone realize that this restaurant is in India? Jews account for like 0.0005% of the population in India. Most people there don't even know what the holocaust is. To them, Hitler is just another historical figure.

If he were to do this (and he did) he certainly picked the right country.

fodders said:

Israel has a lot of power in India it seems, was only the other week they forced India to ban the broadcast of Arab television channels

http://www.arabnews.com/?page=4§ion=0&article=75907&d=6&m=8&y=2006

I'm suuure they did. They didn't FORCE anything, they "succumbed to pressure" which means their gov't is made up of pussies.

Heh, another Xdelusion attempt at a derailment in this thread. Too bad no one cares.

Csonicgo said:

I'm suuure they did. They didn't FORCE anything, they "succumbed to pressure" which means their gov't is made up of pussies.

Heh, another Xdelusion attempt at a derailment in this thread. Too bad no one cares.

What did what fodders said have anything to do with XDelusion?