Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Manc

Dylan 'Toke' McIntosh, R.I.P.

Toke, you will not be forgotten.

Ah heck, look at the bright side, at least he's in a better place now... I think.

That sucks hard.
I didn't really know him that well; the only 'conversations' we really had were whenever he'd call me 'Wango' on IRC.
@Apothem: I sure hope he is... :|

I'm in shock- I still cannot believe the joyful humourous Toke we all know and love is no more.

If this is some sick twisted joke, I'll be quite pissed.

Excellent all-around Doomer.
Even his awesome website is down.
23 years old... man, what a shame.

Csonicgo said:

If this is some sick twisted joke, I'll be quite pissed.

I doubt it's a joke, considering it's linking to an actual news page.

DD_133 said:

I doubt it's a joke, considering it's linking to an actual news page.

It's just surreal, DD...

That sucks. I really enjoyed his coop map series and was disappointed when he stopped working on it as each iteration got better and better. If it weren't for that map series I might not be playing Doom still.

*tips hat to Toke*

It is truly devastating to receive news like this about a friend, Toke has been a friend and a mentor to me for the past 3 years. for those of you who never knew him, he was a great guy and someone you could trust. condolences to his friends and Family, i cant imagine what they must be going through.

It is truly weird, when i first heard this news i had to just stop and justify to myself what had happened. He will be missed. R.I.P Toke

I never really knew Toke that well but he seemed pretty cool. Just another reason for me to push back on getting my license.

Uh, fuck...

There was a lot of intuitive frankness in Dylan's raw attitude. I knew him from back when we hung out on CSDoom back in 2000/2001, often chatting between games, and hence. Probably my fave DM mapper, as well, at least of the newer batches.

Bye, man.

this is not going along the sheme, so feel free to skip this post.

Me and toke were never good friends. In fact we prolly flamed each other half of the time we spent on IRC together. But seeing a member of the community going like that always hurts. It feels weird and surreal to read that all this happened about the time I tried to msg him last saturday (for whatever reason). Even tho I never knew Dylan I can only give my condolences to his family and friends. It's saddening to see someone go this way, especially when you both went to the same chatrooms for years. He will be missed.

Shockwav3 said:

He will be missed.

I concur, if it wasn't for him, certain things would not have happened in the doom community.

I've known him for about 7 years now, on various chat mediums and even on the telephone a couple of times.
Toke and I got along almost all of the time, I remember the times when he tried to get me to change my old nickname, which was LastDoomer, I used to use it on DoomServ, even though I hated how he did it at the time, I will always remember it as a good memory for some reason.

I will miss Toke, he was always around and I took that for granted, half the time I never bothered to talk to him, maybe I should start doing that more with people I know.

Its hard to believe this is true, its like living a bad dream. I've known Toke for couple of years, we used to chat on irc a lot. We never got into argument or anything, he was a good friend of mine. Now the good times are gone.

Rest in peace mate...

This is terribly sad news. I never knew Toke all that well, we rarely spoke and when we did it probably involved a lot of taking the piss out of each other. But I'm sure everyone in the Doom community is touched by the death of one of the more prominent figures who spent such a long time inspiring others with his maps and DM skill - I know I am. All I can do really is give my condolences to his friends and his family during this time.

Rest in peace, Toke, you will be missed.

Damn, I rarely ever had any words with him aside from arguments, and I think my last conversation with him involved me telling him to (literally) lay off the drugs, but death is death and he died too young.

Odd, a lot of people have been dying recently. Like at least 3 people I know had granparents die on them in the last months, including the grandma of one of my best friends. Then tonight my friend learned his great aunt just passed on. But Toke here died before his time. I think there are a couple lessons to be learned from his passing...

Dude... knowing he died feels really fucking weird. I hadn't spoke with him in quite a bit, but he did have some presence, and we'd exchange some good words back in the day. I'm really sorry that this happened :(

Toke it up!