Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
tourettes

Toke Tribute wad

Hey morons. It's the thought that counts. No more bitching or else.

BTW, the next release of the Eternity Engine will also be dedicated to Toke's memory. I don't think Eternity was one of his favorite ports since he never really talked about it and of course it can't do deathmatch yet (damn it...) but that's just my way of showing respect.

Is this going to be given to his parents or something? No disrespect to Toke, but who is this tribute really for? None of us (as far as I know) actually really knew him. I mean, we're calling him 'Toke'; this should be a 'Dylan McIntosh' tribute wad.

Obviously we use 'Toke' as it is appropriate for the situation, it's his doom name! But we're also assuming the role of a family.

It is a nice thing to do though, and I wish you good luck with it. Doomer or not, when someone dies young, its just too fucked up. And he contributed good things to this community which many ironically claim is 'dying'... I can't say that for many others here.

We should all imagine what might come of our names if similar events transpired in our lives. Even though we might acknowledge that people around the world playing doom are not really a family to us, it's always nice to be part of a community that respects its members so much without having met them (save for a few exceptions).

Again, no disrespect meant to Toke/Dylan. He deserves this tribute, whether it matters or not. Thank you.

Nick Perrin said:

We should all imagine what might come of our names if similar events transpired in our lives.

Ooooh, a good riddance to Darkfyre tribute wad, sweetness :D

Good luck on the wad. I alas, am too busy with a new computer and a stockpile of games I could never play before :p

Nick Perrin said:

Is this going to be given to his parents or something? No disrespect to Toke, but who is this tribute really for? None of us (as far as I know) actually really knew him. I mean, we're calling him 'Toke'; this should be a 'Dylan McIntosh' tribute wad.

I have a lot of friends that don't get called anything even similar to their actual names. These are known as "Nicknames". Think about that for a few minutes.

One friend I have is named: Jon-Erik Bergström. Everyone (including his parents) call him "Pompe".

Another friend is named: Peter Olsson. Most people refer to him simply as "Gret"

I don't care to ramble all the different nicknames I have. But very few people call me by my real name wich is Kristian.

I have another friend that are called Skåning.

A name is just something you call someone. Doesn't matter if it's a legally binding name or a nickname. It's the name we use to call a person.

darknation said:

I can almost taste the subtlety and class oozing from this wad.

Actually, that's not even part of the wad.

kristus said:

A name is just something you call someone. Doesn't matter if it's a legally binding name or a nickname. It's the name we use to call a person.

You missed my point, or I didn't communicate my point well enough or properly. Anyway I don't want to talk it about it anymore, so I'm not going to explain/argue/debate etc. and all the other crap that comes out of forum discussions.

Heh, I must sound pretty disillusioned with forums.