Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Lorenzo

New ideas for new levels

I have some ideas for new doom levels, but not the time to create them !

1- a 24 inspired wad: you have 24 levels, each level cover 1 hour; you shold have a story with the space marine as a member of the CDU: Counter Demons Unit. It is not necessary that each level has a play-time of 1 hour - you should use script, event, dialogues etc. to develop the story

2- Well, a Doom III TC for Doom2... should be fun, don't you think?
New monsters, weapons and so on.

3- A Doom Movie TC for Doom2 or a source port... i'd like to see someone replicating the FPS sequence !! If you have the DVD, you can take screenshots and replicate the places in a doom map!!

what do you think ?
Lorenzo

1. That would take to much hard work and proberly won't be good.

2. Doom III TC in Doom 2? Why not just play Doom 3 it wouldn't be the same atmosphere and such.

3. Are you joking? I haven't seen the Doom Movie but it'll proberly be even worse to have a TC of it.

1. Counter Demon Unit?

2. Already started (the mod is for Edge, and is known as DOOM 2.5), but never finished, yet has kick ass weapons and three playable maps (with new monsters). There's a Skulltag version of it too (but with maps removed). The gameplay it's very diferent, but once you have DOOM 3 you really lost all interest, both, in a convertion of DOOM 3 into DOOM 2, and in DOOM 3 (there are exceptions of course).

3. The closer you can get to that is the machinegun from the poster converted into an in-game weapon, I can't remember right now the author, I think it's Corrupted Marine, do a forum search and you'll find the thread. The mod couldn't work well as all the monsters attack at close range, and as they aren't too many to match the Doomguy, they should need annoying attacks as charge attack with high missile damage, high speed, attack "by surprise", this'd end as the DOOM 3 imps that dive when you open a door (something annoying and in no way scary neither fun), or silent teleporting around, turning the gameplay old very quick.

Vegeta said:

There's a Skulltag version of it too (but with maps removed).

where can I get this Skulltag version?

Uh I can't remember the link was very weird, yet the mod was quite bad converted, doesn't have much a DOOM 3 feel. I think it's named "DOOM3 mod", or "DOOM 3 mod", one of these. Really nothing worth the time. It's not a surprise that it's very rare to find a server hosting it.

1. No.
2. I'm not sure whether or not using the Doom 3 resources for Doom 2 would be legal.
3. FUCK NO. The Doom movie was a failure, pure and simple. It had almost nothing to do with the REAL Doom (The demons were "mutants" and the soldiers were using P90 SMGs, a weapon that was made IN THE 90's.)

Rather then just post your ideas here, why don't you get to work making them? It's not that hard, and you don't have to work on it 24 hours. Just spend an hour or 2 working on it each day.

The doom 3 wad is hosted on Zdaemon (Drown in Blood with d3mod) but theres no real point when theirs already Doom 3 :/

Craigs said:

1. No.
2. I'm not sure whether or not using the Doom 3 resources for Doom 2 would be legal.
3. FUCK NO. The Doom movie was a failure, pure and simple. It had almost nothing to do with the REAL Doom (The demons were "mutants" and the soldiers were using P90 SMGs, a weapon that was made IN THE 90's.)

Rather then just post your ideas here, why don't you get to work making them? It's not that hard, and you don't have to work on it 24 hours. Just spend an hour or 2 working on it each day.

You don't know how many projects he is working on currently: "Italian DooM - Episode 2: The Singularity" and other projects on his own!
Why do you blame him? He just wrote some suggestions for you Doomers! He just wanted to share his ideas: I think he would work on them, if he wasn't busy with lots of other projects!

When i have a doom idea, i make a page about it and promise to make it one day, not try and subtly tell other people to do it (though someone offered to help with "Detective Doom", but that never happened)