• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
XDelusion

Globalization and you

DOOMENSTEIN said:

Neither could XDelusion...:P

I don't see how He sleeps peacefully at night thinking that the freemasons will capture him.

Csonicgo said:

I don't see how He sleeps peacefully at night thinking that the freemasons will capture him.

Shhh...you weren't supposed to know about that. You'll have to either become one of us or die!

BTW: You capitalized the "h" in he. Do you regard XDelusion as holy?

DOOMENSTEIN said:

Shhh...you weren't supposed to know about that. You'll have to either become one of us or die!

BTW: You capitalized the "h" in he. Do you regard XDelusion as holy?

Yes. holy as in set apart from US.

In a way I'll kinda miss his unintentional humour.

Oh no, walmart stifles artistic expression? Please. Like bongzilla or pig destroyer are going to sell albums there anyway.

Quast said:
Oh no, walmart stifles artistic expression? Please. Like bongzilla or pig destroyer are going to sell albums there anyway.

I'm not sure what your question implies; she went on about what she meant by that pretty clearly, really.

myk said:

she went on about what she meant by that pretty clearly, really.

She did. However, "artists" they are not IMO if they worry so much about their bottom line (30% of sales I believe she said) that they lower themselves to walmart standards and pre-censor their material.

How much rainforest did the insipid bitch chop down to get her craptacular book into the new york times bestseller list?

never her her moaning about that one.

Quast said:
She did. However, "artists" they are not IMO if they worry so much about their bottom line (30% of sales I believe she said) that they lower themselves to walmart standards and pre-censor their material.

The people in charge of the record label to which the artists are contracted (as well as the other people and companies who make money off their music, such as manufacturers and distributers) certainly worry. And I'm not sure the artist has the final say in matters regarding censorship (i.e. "Either you change this cover design/this song/etc., or we're not publishing it at all").

Kristian Ronge said:

(i.e. "Either you change this cover design/this song/etc., or we're not publishing it at all").

Assuming artistsic credibility is their goal, that's when you find a different label to produce under.

It's probably difficult being artistically credible if that means being shunned by the major record labels and going (back?) to underground/non-mainstream (with less revenues, less exposure, etc.). But yeah, technically, you're right.