Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bonemonster

Futuristic Doom

A long time ago when Doom Wads were incredibly popular my mom's friend had a WAD for Classic Doom 2. This was about 8-10 years ago by the way. It was my most favorite mod ever created.

In this version, the story takes place far into the future after Hell came to Earth in Doom 2. But instead of the Marine closing the portal, Hell took over. The Marine you play in this story is a prisoner of war, being held in a sort of Detention Camp for humans which is run by Hell's Demons on Earth.

Almost every aspect of the game is changed. For instance, the Imps wear this kind of white battle armor, some of the weapons have new effects etc etc. Some of the enemies such as the Cacodemon have been altered in such a way that one wouldn't know they were cacodemons unless they had played the original game. These Cacodemons were large spherical creatures with silver armor plating, no eye and they attacked with a tentical which also fired off the standard Cacodemon Plasma round excpet it is blue.

I have been searching all over the web for this mod/wad and I have come up empty handed. I would be extremely happy if anyone here knew what I was talking about and knew where I could get my hands on this.

Thanks

If I remember correctly, the TC you are talking about is called Hell to Pay and came with a version of Doom!Zone. Since it was a commercial TC, it's no longer for sale, and hasn't been released as freeware or abandonware. You can find the demo in the idgames archive, however. It might be possible to send an e-mail to the authors asking if they would consider releasing the full version, too.

Does this product definitely contain the full 32-level commercial versions? (I don't know; I don't have it.)

It might just contain the 11-map demo version of Perdition's Gate and the 15-level demo version of Hell2pay. Might be worth waiting for someone to confirm that before parting with your money, as the demo versions are freely downloadable. The full commercial versions were both released on their own CDs, which are pretty rare to say the least.

BTW, Hell2pay only changes the appearance of the weapons and monsters. There is no change to their attacks, damage, speed, etc., as compared to the standard Doom2 monsters and weapons.

The D!Zone maps are similar to the Maximum levels in that they are just a bunch of random PWADs scraped off the internet and bundled onto a CD. It's probably the same demo version that currently resides on the archives.

I am having problems. When I try to load Hell2Pay i get an error message "Bad Music Number 184". I believe this has to do with the version of Doom I have. I have the Collection. The highest version supported by H2P is 1.9. I don't think it will work with the collectors edition.

Hell 2 Pay has some nice maps, but the new monster sprites and sounds just ruin it all. Perdition's Gate is much better.

BTW, more than Hell 2 Pay, I'd be more interested in your friend's mom :-P

Remember people, warez links, requests, hints, etc., are all absolute non-negotiable no-nos.

Alrigth Grazza. i will not post where I got the file from. i did however get Zdoom as suggested above.

For some reason I cannot get ZDoom to load the wad. I have tried Autoloading it by making another shortcut, much to the same as one would do for a Diablo 2 mod, it doesnt work.

The tutorials and information on the ZDoom Wiki are either incorrect or they are not specified towards windows XP. Or I am doing something wrong.

i will keep tinkering with it though.

Vegeta said:

Hell 2 Pay has some nice maps, but the new monster sprites and sounds just ruin it all. Perdition's Gate is much better.

Agreed. But there's a simple cure for the ugly monsters: Use a lump manager to remove the sprites from the WAD! ;)

Well, i got it working for the Doom95 Launcher. I made a very simple mistake, instead of extracting H2P into a new folder found inside the Doom2 Folder I had extracted all H2P files into the Doom 2 Folder.

This caused the Doom95 Launcher to confuse the Doom2.wad and the Hell2pay.wad thus trying to load them both as the default Wad.

By placing H2P inside a new folder the Doom95 Launcher loads the Doom2.wad first and then the H2P.wad.

Now that i know how to get it to work I'll go download some other wads.

Thanks for all the help.

Waffenak said:

mm

no it's not memento mori.

Waffenak said:

mm

This is a four-year-old thread, so here is some age-appropriate literature for it.