Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Quasar

Eternity Engine's Current Plans

The long delayed 3.33.35 release will be promoted to v3.33.50 and will be dedicated to the memory of Dylan "Toke" McIntosh, in recognition of his dedication to oldschool DOOMing. It will include finished sound sequence support and a special surprise feature that Toke might have liked. I am still working on but I hope to have it out in a week or two tops.

After this, work on the next version will begin immediately. SoM is musing over how to finish up linked portals, while I will be turning my attention to the following goals:

1) EDF Dynamic Weapons System
2) EDF Dynamic Player Classes
3) EDF Player Inventory
4) 100% Heretic Support

These features may or may not debut in the same release depending on how long they end up taking to implement.

Quasar said:

1) EDF Dynamic Weapons System

Woohoo! If that happens I should be able to finally release Caverns of Darkness with no custom engine.

I hope so, man. It's been waaay too long, and in light of recent happenings, I'm trying to follow up on my unfulfilled promises. I regret not having worked harder to help you out with CoD and the WolfenDOOM stuff like I said I would; it's just been one thing after another in the way :/

Quasar said:

I hope so, man. It's been waaay too long, and in light of recent happenings, I'm trying to follow up on my unfulfilled promises. I regret not having worked harder to help you out with CoD and the WolfenDOOM stuff like I said I would; it's just been one thing after another in the way :/

Hey man don't sweat it, it's not like I've had a hell of a lot of time to devote to Doom either. Hell when you get it done it'll probably still take me another three years to get it out.