Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
DarkStorm

question about what Extended WAD Editor supports

1.) Does XWE support Redneck Rampage or Shadow Warrior yet?
2.) If not, will the next version?

P.S. I've tried opening them in Wintex and they open fine, except the palette is always gone to shit. Redneck Rampage turns out grayscale and Shadow Warrior turns out really really screwed up.

XWE does support Shadow Warrior. Once you open the data file, locate the PALETTE.DAT entry (type "PALETTE" into the quickfind box). Then click Palette|Use Current. After that, all images display nicely and you can export them quickly.

I will look into Redneck Rampage.

XWE does support Shadow Warrior.

My mistake, Csabo. I didn't see it listed on your site so I assumed it wasn't supported.

Don't worry about it, and of course you are right: it is missing from the list. I'll add it. By the way, just recently I got a nice email from a fellow, who said that XWE also supports the following games: (and I quote)

- Return to Castle Wolfenstein .PAK file
- All DOOM alpha versions I'm aware of, including the PBRT version, with map editing (!)
- "Lameduke" or the now-public Duke Nukem 3d file from Apogee Software

I haven't checked any of these though. I also just recently discovered the XWE opens the audio file of Bio Menace :-) There's a bunch of nice IMF songs in there, I'm sure it will bring back nice memories for some of us. I'd better work on that IMF to MIDI converter.

I've just finished downloading Redneck Rampage, and as it turns out, XWE already supports it. View/export images same way as with Shadow Warrior.