Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
fodders

Browzar

All this is is yet another wrapper for internet explorer. If you want to use IE with a different shell then I guess this is ok, but it doesn't prevent any of the stuff IE is capable of responding to (i.e. activex scripts, trojan installers, etc).

You're telling me that this little browser seeks out and deletes any and all records of IP addresses that my machine has been sending requests to? AWESOME!

Firefox and Opera both have the ability to wipe any/all private data at the click of a button, so I don't really see the point in this.

insertwackynamehere said:

It's easy to delete this stuff

Actually it isn't, because even when you delete files, the data remains on your hard disk. You can delete your cache, cookies, etc., but it's often still possible to recover the files.

Infact even this "Browzar" is not completely safe. It will still store data in memory, which can be paged to disk by the Operating System.

fraggle said:

Infact even this "Browzar" is not completely safe.

Of course it isnt safe, its full of adware. And in that case, someone should make a Firefox extension that wipes the drive by overwriting. And about memory paging.. well what the hell are you looking at thats so secretive?! I mean yeah in theory someone could look through your pagefiles, but I have the feeling the people who care THIS much have thier own special software :P

insertwackynamehere said:

where have your alternative news sources and revisionist histories gotten you NOW fodders?? huh?? huh??
:P

Well they got me looking at something, and thinking "cool" and 24 hours later saying "ah crap", you never revise your thinking after input from other sources?