Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SYS

Stairway to Heaven backwards

I always thought people that went on about satanic messages on records when played backwards were crazy. But it seems like they do exist:

http://jeffmilner.com/backmasking.htm

Either intentional or coincidental, those are awesome. Aside from Zepplin, there's a chilling message from Yoko Ono, brain washing from Eminem, Pokemon devil worship, and Britney Spears in a nutshell.

Not to mention another reference to the devil in the Eagle's Song hotel California. An amusing anecdote to this one. Back in highschool an English teacher of mine made us examine the lyrics of this song. She told us it was about rich people checking into the Betty Ford Clinic.

Amusingly enough, the church of Satan is located in California. It used be a hotel until it was converted to a church. Also, inside the Eagles album cover, is a picture of Anton Levy, founder of the church, and author of the Satanic bible.

I always felt that Hotel California wasn't about a rehab clinic in particular, but a larger picture of the same subject. And yeah, Stairway to Heaven still sounds like crap in either direction.

Bucket said:
I always felt that Hotel California wasn't about a rehab clinic in particular, but a larger picture of the same subject.

Yes; it fits as a rather critical picture of the music/entertainment industry as well, for example.

Bucket said:

I always felt that Hotel California wasn't about a rehab clinic in particular, but a larger picture of the same subject. And yeah, Stairway to Heaven still sounds like crap in either direction.

Not the version by Rolf Harris surely? That was awesome :)

I saw this like over a year ago, and ironically I just tried it again the other day. Simply put, its a nice way to remind yourself how strong the human imagination can be. Heres the full "lyrics": http://jeffmilner.com/index.php/2004/06/11/stairway-to-heaven-backwards-full-lyrics/#comment-125

That one stanza is weird but the rest is bs. There was no "hidden message", people just are able to hear things they want to. If you didnt have the lyrics in front of you, I seriously doubt you'd hear anything except nonsense and a really cool instrumental part (i'll give you that, the instrumentals in Stairway backwards sound really cool, thats the only good part)

oh yeah the Church of Satan is also bullshit.

Satanic messages, occult churches, all that is just stupid alternative crap left over from the 60s and 70s. Theres nothing to look for. Anton Levy or whatever wanted to be famous so he created a "Church of Satan." Its about as stupid as anyone who believes Marilyn Manson is really some kind of demon or something. Its for...can you guess??..MONEY thats right! Gold star.

So it boils down to some people purposely doing Satanic stuff for money, and other stuff having no occult side to them, but people's active imagination.

All coincidence. can you imagine having to create a "True" backmasking sample to make sense backwards AND forwards?

btw "all cats are dumb" backwards is motorcycle.

Csonicgo said:
All coincidence. can you imagine having to create a "True" backmasking sample to make sense backwards AND forwards?

The Beatles came pretty close in "Free As A Bird". The track ends with a distorted voice saying "(something something) John Lennon" and when played in reverse turns out to be John himself saying "turned out nice again".

Presumably someone with an awful lot of free time on their hands went through a bunch of reversed clips until they found an appropriate one...

btw "all cats are dumb" backwards is motorcycle. [/B]

The Tarzan yell sounds exactly the same backwards and forwards.

insertwackynamehere said:

That one stanza is weird but the rest is bs. There was no "hidden message", people just are able to hear things they want to. If you didnt have the lyrics in front of you, I seriously doubt you'd hear anything except nonsense

Well it's all open to interpretation. If you're easily swayed by what you read naturally you'll agree with what you read to go along with what you hear.

Notice how in the flash movie though, translations are optional. You have the choice to sample the clip and arrive at your own conclusion, before seeing how each is translated. But I suppose to you, that would mean an illusion of choice for the feeble minded. Thats what those secret societies that you're fascinated with are all about.

oh yeah the Church of Satan is also bullshit.

Satanic messages, occult churches, all that is just stupid alternative crap left over from the 60s and 70s. Theres nothing to look for. Anton Levy or whatever wanted to be famous so he created a "Church of Satan." Its about as stupid as anyone who believes Marilyn Manson is really some kind of demon or something. Its for...can you guess??..MONEY thats right! Gold star.

They do that for money!? HOLY FUCK! I never knew that. Thanks for the grand session of enlightenment. I never knew the occult was about money. Just like all of those legit religions! Gold star of David on your mother's buttcheek!

So it boils down to some people purposely doing Satanic stuff for money, and other stuff having no occult side to them, but people's active imagination.

Led Zepplin does have an occult side to it. Jimmy Page is a devout follower of Satanist Aleister Crowley. (Aleister Crowley's face also appears on the Beatles SGT Pepper's album.) Aleister was also a 33rd and 93 degree Free Mason (One of those secret societies you're so interested in).