Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
insertwackynamehere

doomworld is broken :(

I am having those problems too, last night couldn't even view any pages, let alone login. Today though the "View New Topics" doesn't work for me.

Bloodshedder said:

New forum banner code, INCLUDING POPUP ADS! HOORAY!

Huh? Popups?

Firefox usually does, the tossers have found a way around it. Apparently I have to disable javascript because the internet is full of money grubbing bumbandits.

Seriously, these pop-ups aren't a good idea. Whoever can disable them really should, for the integrity and reputation of the forum may be at stake if this continues.

DooMAD said:

Firefox usually does, the tossers have found a way around it. Apparently I have to disable javascript because the internet is full of money grubbing bumbandits.

Filterset.G's working for me, I don't see any popups.

The only problem I had was the ads generating a php error, which didn't bother me in the least.

Jesus. Although the ads have been a big issue before, popups are annoying. That and the irregular fuxing of the database.

Mayhap its time to look for a new host for doomworld?

Bloodshedder said:

New forum banner code, INCLUDING POPUP ADS! HOORAY!

Oh that sucks. now I'll have to disable popups on doomworld that I acutally had enabled to check for Private messages.

Pop up blockers don't do it for me, since there are a lot of pages that I frequent that use pop upping.

And fucking Partypoker is pissing me off right now. Truly the geniuses behind the pop ups realize the effects of constant bombardment with a single ad.

Yeah because it really is that easy. Lets just up and move this large community site somewhere else!

AirRaid said:

Yeah because it really is that easy. Lets just up and move this large community site somewhere else!

And of course everyone who ever had an account here will automatically join the other and there will be cake and happy bunnies.

Popups are annoying, but if you let them bother you it really only shows how far behind you are in technology.

Bank said:

Popups are annoying, but if you let them bother you it really only shows how far behind you are in technology.

Yes, because I really enjoy sacrificing functionality on other sites as a result of disabling javascript, just to prevent popups on this one.

Bank said:

And of course everyone who ever had an account here will automatically join the other and there will be cake and happy bunnies.

They'd transport the database you know...

also no popups here, Firefox + AdBlock

GGG said:

Truly the geniuses behind the pop ups realize the effects of constant bombardment with a single ad.

I'm sure they do. 999 people pissed off with them to the extent they're tempted to mail them a box of extrement, and 1 total moron who is a new customer for them. They view that as a good result.

I hope the search function doesn't stayed b0rked by this, especially as that affects "View New Posts" too (the best way to browse the forums IMO).

Csonicgo said:

now I'll have to disable popups on doomworld that I acutally had enabled to check for Private messages.

If you cast a glance at the place in the top right hand corner of the main forums page, it will say whether you have any new PMs, just under the (currently broken) "View New Posts" link. That's how I see if I have new PMs, and it works pretty well - I generally notice it without any conscious effort to check.

I'll just swap to Firefox for the Forums.

Let's just hope UGO isn't having important financial issues. It wouldn't do for Telefragged to deliver a Frag.com on us.

Firefox is working great for me, a small box in the upper left corner of my screen (witch i dont even notice most of the time) states: "firefox has prevented this site from opening a popup window" and as i have previously stated in a past post, i dont see how anyone can survive with internet explorer on the open net today- let alone an un-protected version of one.

K this is getting pretty ridiculous, for about half an hour there I couldnt access either the forums or the idgames database. Not to mention some stuff still doesn't work.

myk said:

Let's just hope UGO isn't having important financial issues. It wouldn't do for Telefragged to deliver a Frag.com on us.

Indeed let us hope not.

myk said:

Let's just hope UGO isn't having important financial issues.

Thats what it sounds like to me. With pop up ads and all.

ducon said:

Huh? Popups?

He's right, every page I open, I get a message saying my trusty Firefox internet browser (Who is my best friend in the WHOOOOLE wide world) prevented this site from opening a popup window. Either UGO is having problems, or Mcdonalds heard about the Barf Bag ad conspiracy in my blog.

<wacky> i bet if anyone else said "doomworld has completly died" there wouldnt be an issue
<wacky> people would check, see the server was down, and say "huh you're right" or something
<wacky> but no
<wacky> if I point it out its a fucking issue
* wacky is now known as notwacky
<notwacky> doomworld has completley died
* notwacky is now known as wacky
<leileilol> no, you're just a moron