Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
caco_killer

Sega Saturn games.

I just bought a Sega Saturn off of EBay, and I was trying to think of some games. What games should I get for it? I don't exactly remember what games I used to play on my brother's Sega Saturn before he traded it in.

Here's a list of games I thought of:

-Clockwork Knight 1 & 2
-Bug!
-Bug Too!
-Nights into Dreams
-Virtua Cop (I have the second game in a Sega Collection for my Dreamcast)
-Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
-Guardian Heroes
-Dragon Force
-Shining Force 3
-Darkstalkers (or was it called Vampire Savior? I'm not sure about this one)

caco_killer said:

-Darkstalkers (or was it called Vampire Savior? I'm not sure about this one)

Vampire Savior is DarkStalkers 3, and the console versions of the third game usually have the whole cast. Well, the psx and dreamcast version anyway. The Saturn version has good sound and shorter load times.

Super Puzzle Fighter 2 Turbo and Nazo Maikamura: Incredible Toons are a couple more decent games as well as Street Fighter Alpha 2.

Duke Nukem 3D is also decent on the Saturn, but who wants to play that?

Kudos for supporting a troubled brand and not making good use giving into free emulators.

Saturn emulators at its current state all suck right now though and require more than a a64 3400 to run good.

What's wrong with getting an actual Saturn?

Interesting. Nintendo 64 emulators (or at least the most popular) can run well with far less cpu power. I guess people really like/don't like the Saturn.

No, it's just that the Saturn is a complex system with alot of different processors to emulate. It's more difficult to emulate than the Dreamcast even.

leileilol said:

No, it's just that the Saturn is a complex system with alot of different processors to emulate. It's more difficult to emulate than the Dreamcast even.

And with all that...it still sucked. I had some good memories with that machine, but it paled in comparison to PS1.

Isn't there territorial lockout with Saturns? You may have to cross off SotN :/ but if I'm wrong, definitely get it, playing as Maria is godly.

On the subject of Saturn emulation, it's tough. It took me 8 hours at the computer without getting up about a week ago to get my SotN working. I didn't give up because I remember Quasar saying that Maria was just another Richter and the new areas were nothing special, so I knew it was possible to get it to work.

And I disagree wholeheartedly with him!

Also, Radiant Silvergun is another Japenese game you should get your hands on, as if that was possible.

Oh oh, and Nights Christmas Edition too. Pretty sure that's USAish.

Yes there's a territory lockout with Saturn. It's also difficult to mod and use burns...

Powerslave and Duke are great on it, and I have Dragon Force and Shining Force III, both are really good. Pickup Dark Savior and Shining the Holy Ark. I <3 Saturn!

P.S.
Doom sucks ass on Saturn, horrible framerate, just a sloppy port altogether. Hexen however is done very well, as is Quake.

DOOMENSTEIN said:

And with all that...it still sucked. I had some good memories with that machine, but it paled in comparison to PS1.

Pfft oh please. I'd take any Saturn game over half the crap churned out on PSX.

I'm getting a NTSC Sega Saturn, so Japanese games are out. (I didn't know Saturn SOTN was in Japan only). Clockwork Knight, Bug, and Nights don't cost too much, so I'll probably get them first.

@WildWeasel: The Panzer Dragoon games cost an arm and a leg. The Panzer Dragoon Collection is nearly $200. As cool as those games look, I just can't pay that much for them.

-EDIT: Holy shit, I just found an unopened copy of Nights on EBay for $26. A copy like that cost nearly three times as much on Amazon.

Bwhaha, I'm awesome cause I got them when they came out. Sometimes being old is cool.

Use3D said:

Bwhaha, I'm awesome cause I got them when they came out. Sometimes being old is cool.

My brother had a Sega Saturn with most of those games I listed when I was younger, but he's also a selfish bastard who decided to trade it in for a PS1 instead of giving it to me. I still would've had it if he gave it to me.

I still remember how much I liked the look of Saturn Quake. I still want to try it someday.

Job said:

I still remember how much I liked the look of Saturn Quake. I still want to try it someday.

It's good, they made all new secret levels for it that are pretty awesome, and even the Doomguy has a cameo!

Use3D said:

It's good, they made all new secret levels for it that are pretty awesome, and even the Doomguy has a cameo!

It is decided. I must play this game.