Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
RiffRaff1138

Why is Massmouth walking so slow?

I started playing Massmouth 2 for the first time today, using the most recent version of ZDoom. In the training level, and at the beginning of the game, I could move at normal speed. However, as the game went on, I noticed Massmouth started moving slower... and slower... I'm currently at the Texas Linguine Foundation, and if I use the "turbo" console command to set the player speed at 255%, and run, I move at about a third of the normal Doom walking speed. Everything else is at normal speed, which makes even genestealers a nightmare to have to face, since it's impossible to dodge their attacks. What the hell can I do?

I would guess that's an after-effect of something that changed in ZDoom. So far as I can tell from the scripts, every map in MM2 has a script that is supposed to set the player to approximately half of his normal speed. In the intended version of ZDoom (2.0.47) this works as normal, but apparently more recent versions were changed so that the player speed remains the same for each map - hence, every time the script is called which reduces the player's speed, it works from what your speed is now, as opposed to what it would normally be.

I figured it was probably some sort of scripting problem. But how to remedy it? I'd prefer not to have to go find ZDoom v.2.0.47, but if I must...

I imagine a few solutions. Either change back to the old version, change the scripting in massmouth to only change your speed once, or put your speed back up every map. I think you can do that from console, can't you? I don't know scripting.