Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Sephiroth

LINUX

well i was useing LINUX mandrake 7.2 until i got 8.1(standard edition) I installed it and i lost doom, bu8t the wierd part is when it goes to start x windows the login screen flickers and flashes(not a mnitor problem) but a very bad LINUX problem. I had to reinstall agian and still the ssame error. Could such a horribly shity error have been slipped by. anyhow i am back useing win98 until i can get a full hardware modem and when i find out what the deal is. sadly i lost over 400mb of doom(2)wads

well atleast next time you'll know to make a back up before doing something like installing a new os. =]

Try editing /etc/X11/XF86Config by hand, Mandrake does pretty crappy job of auto-configuring the monitor IMHO.

Alternatively, don't use Mandrake :)

Mandrake 8.1 is the best for newbies but if your looking for the best dist if you're a bit more advanced, trust me suse is much better than redhat. That's not only my opinioin, suse always wins all the tests between the two dists

I work in software and music in an electronics department store, and some guy came up to me asking for what sounded like Suzie Lennox. So I assumed this was a type of singer and asked what type of music she was. He said it was a piece of software. So then I got a bit confused and asked what system it was for.

And he goes nuts and yells "It's a goddamn operating system! You need to get your frickin ears cleaned! What are ya, deaf?!"

Turns out he was talking about SuSE Linux, and he just liked to slur his words very widely. I said that we didn't have it in, and he stormed off.

Fuckin asshole.

Yeah, at least people should know what they are talking about. I do like Linux Mandrake because it is easy to use for learning, yes I am trying to learn how to use LINUX. However I have set it up the good old way before and I may have to do that. I am glad that the new Doom will be released for LINUX and I will be soon making a new system, saving up right now. Plan to build in May.