Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Technician

More blows to PS3

AndrewB said:

The stomach inside me gurgles from ordinary digestion.

So does mine, I just had breakfast. Anyways, the PS3 is no different then the Xbox 360 now, not that I really care because I have no plans to buy either one right now.

The OS PC Gamer inside me couldn't give less of a shit. The OS console gamer that I hide away doesn't give a shit either.

ROFL. Xbox Wii-60 ftw. I wont even pick up a ps3 until they drop the price down to $300, 600 bucks is the amount Id be paying for car insurance each 6 months. Nintendo, here we come!

Sony's E3 "unveiling" of the PS3 featured the most boring suits in the world screaming about market shares and price tags from another world in front of a stunned and bewildered audience, whilst Nintendo launched its initial Wii presentation with Sigeru Miyamoto conducting a virtual symphony orchestra using the controller. It was then that I realised Nintendo's got their shit together, and Sony hasn't. Ergo, I don't find this surprising in the least.

Whatever happened to those slick, pointy PS3 controllers? I guess Sony realized people wanted rumble pack options, which the new controller couldn't do.

Technician said:

The Blue ray hater inside me laughs in hysterics.

I'm sure I don't like Blu-ray as a media format, but God I want a 50GB rewritable disc.

GGG said:

Whatever happened to those slick, pointy PS3 controllers? I guess Sony realized people wanted rumble pack options, which the new controller couldn't do.

Both the old boomerang controller and the new dual shock lack "rumbling". Sony claimed it's because the new controller's motion sensitivity cannot coexist with a rumbling device. More likely it's because Immersion successfully sued them over it. Immersion has since made motion-sensing gamepads that filter out the vibrating motors.

Edit: Oh yeah and the Wii remote rumbles too.

kc32 said:

I'm sure I don't like Blu-ray as a media format, but God I want a 50GB rewritable disc.

Buy all means I like Blue ray as a storage format for data and games but compared to HD DVD it sucks as a video format.

Bunch of bad news for Sony today. Not only did they delay the release in Europe to March, but they then admit to only having 500,000 units available at launch in November for Japan and the United States. That can't be good for their image or market strategy.

I am not surprised. SONY could be effaced from the universe and I wouldn't even care. Every product I've bought from them has either had a defect or wears out prematurely. Exploding batteries, betamax, Minidisc, UMD, blatant copycatting, false advertising... the list goes on.

I have to admit the Wii looks interesting having seen some videos of that RTS/Action hybrid game and Red Steel; something that I would like to try at least, but ultimately:

Kristus said:
The PC lover inside me shrugs of indifference.

Lollerskates. Sony is full of fail and lose. This is why I stick to PCs and have never bought a console for more than $60.

That said, I've been having a ton of fun with my N64 I just got out of the garage. Bought that for $20.

Coopersville said:

lolpropaganda

Um, and I'm surprised people can still say it costs too much with a straight face.

It costs too much. :D

Seriously though, just how many people are willing to pay $600 for a game console?

kc32 said:

Seriously though, just how many people are willing to pay $600 for a game console?

A lot of people without a real life... that's my guess.

kristus said:

The PC lover inside me shrugs of indifference.

I hear that. Looks like I won't be the only one spending more money on PC upgrades. :D

Coopersville said:
Um, and I'm surprised people can still say it costs too much with a straight face.

It costs too much.

No smiley face here.

Coopersville said:
Some of you lack logic, and obviously a job that pays more than minimum wage.

The only people lacking logic are the genii at Sony who've priced the PS3 out of range of the market that the product was made for, meaning they are likely to lose much of the billions of dollars (various sources differ regarding the exact amount) in investment, research and development that went into the product.

I'm counting the days until the PS3 comes out...

..so I can buy a cheaper PS2.

And not having any in Europe for Christmas - major fail. If it does cost the announced £425 ($850US) here on release (lol) that's a bigger mark-up than in either the US or Japan so they're missing out on more profit per unit.

I don't like Nintendo nor xbox 360 that much but I wouldn't spend £425 on a console even if it was gold-plated.