Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Commibstrd

Go 2 It?

Hello All,

I've been addicted to playing Final Doom on Ultra Violence (my favorite skill level) and I decided to try Go 2 It about a month ago.

Wholy crap does this level ever end? Has anybody ever tried playing this level without any cheats on UV and beat it? I've killed 5 Cyberdemons, 30 manc's, 4 Archy's, 2 Spider Masterminds, 15 of her Children, and about 20 pinky's.

Care to guess how much I have left? 7 cyberdemons, 5 Archviles, 10 revenants and about 20 Arachnatrons, and sometimes Pain elementals show up out of nowhere! To make matters worse they're all in a close area, and to my knowledge I have to kill every one of them to advance through the level. I don't think there's enough ammo left on the map to kill them all lol

I'm sure some hardcore doomers have beat this level on this skill level, but hot damn this is easily the hardest doom level I've ever played! You peek out the window and about 200+ projectiles come at you and your 200 health and armor go to zero in 1 second flat.

If anybody has beat this level without the aid of cheats on Ultra Violence, let me know. If you haven't tried it and want a real challenge, give it a try and let me know what you think.

PS: Who the hell thought of the name for this level? There's some sick people out there lol

You gotta get rid of those archviles as quickly as possible, or it really will never end. They'll bring back every single monster in that courtyard if you let them (aside from the cybers).

The level isn't really hard if you take your time, but some people consider that the "wussy" way to play. To be amazed, watch speedruns of it O_O

Don't play Hell Revealed. You'll wet your pants.

Personaly I find it to be easier than many of the other Plutonia maps, not allways, but sometimes I can beat it from scratch without saving, something I can't do with many other maps, from Plutonia, or other megawads, I find E4M6 from The Ultimate DOOM to be harder.

More than the dificult (that I agree isn't low) I remark the fun, it's pure carnage, but unlike the frustrating ones of certain famous megawads, or the monotonous and boring battles from other wads, Go 2 it has the perfect balance.

If you like this, I highly recomend looking for the other maps by these authors that can be find in the archives.

I really doubt he could handle something like seej if he had problems with a map as tame as PL32.

Vegeta said:
I find E4M6 from The Ultimate DOOM to be harder.

[/B]

Yes, the 4th episode on UV is hard becuase you are limited to just a shotgun(my main problem, seeing as how the SSG is my favorite weapon hence "shotgunmasacre2"). More to the point, I find that PL 32 is a fun and balanced level, nowhere near as hard as some of the HR or HR2 (ahem, HR2 Map 32) Mabye i just suck or that map really is hard ;)

Go 2 It is one of those levels that I think developing Doomers should play at least once just for the ego-boost.

It is not so punishingly hard that you need to be seasoned Doom veteran just to compete. Yet it gives you a taste of absolute slaughter.

Personally, I would say it is a lot easier than the previous level (the Cyberden) as you got a lot more space to maneuver in and potential walls to dodge behind.

Go 2 It ranks as my favourite level ever. It is imo the perfectly balanced level.

If you find this hard load up map32 of Hell Revealed and see if you can last 5 seconds once you move from your starting point.

its a toughie, IMO, but its passable. Just take out the valuable targets first. (archviles) I prefer to just kill when I need too...I have only beat that level once, but each time I play it, i get better and better. :)