• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
pete

Win 2k Mousie no workie

Ok,
Here is another Newbie post.
Is it possible to make my mouse work with the Collectors Edition of Doom ?
I consulted the readme file, followed the instruction to the letter and my mouse still does not work. I know the documentation says if your mouse still does not work then you are SOL.
I am running win2k.
So, are there any ways around this (other than using the keyboard) ????

Here are the instructions from the readme file.

"
I can't get my mouse to work.

If you are playing under Windows 95/98/ME, click on the "Configuration" button from the Launcher, then the "Mouse" tab. Make sure the checkbox entitled "Enable Mouse
Support" is checked. Click on "Apply Now" and then "New Game". If your mouse still does not work, quit the game, run the Launcher again, click "Configuration" and go back to the "Mouse" tab. Now make sure the "Enable Mouse Support"
box is checked, click on "Copy Configuration" and enter a name for your configuration (example: myconfig). Click on "New Game" and your mouse should work.

If you are playing under Windows 2000, or if the above did not work, your mouse will not work. Don't worry, though - all three games in the DOOM Collector's Edition were originally designed to play without a mouse. You can play entirely from the keyboard and get the true nostalgic gameplay experience of playing the games as they were originally played."

You can play entirely from the keyboard and get the true nostalgic gameplay experience of playing the games as they were originally played.

I don't care about nostalgia, just want the mouse to work !!!!

It's not "nostalia", it's how they are supposed to be played.

It's not "nostalia", it's how they are supposed to be played.

Then WTF for they had the option to use a mouse?

Come on, playing Keyboard only frigging rocks! However, you won't be no speedy speedrunner without a mouse (Or being Xit)