Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dolorous

Another new sound

Update: I've just made an attempt at dsmetal, here as usual. I know it's listed as assigned, but, according to the associated date, it's been assigned for almost four years, and it's still missing from FreeDoom, so I thought I'd give it a shot. (I hope this isn't a problem.) Again, comments appreciated.

Thanks for the feedback. How exactly do you find them indistinguishable, though? I've tested my dsmansit on (among other levels) FreeDoom level 10, mostly around the room at (5117, -5809, -168), and I have no problem hearing either the three inside or the two outside after I open and check all the windows, even with level 10's loud background music. As for the second one, I've tested it in FreeDoom levels 10 and 32 and Doom 2 levels 6 and 32, it's roughly the same volume as the Doom 2 dsmetal, and I have no trouble picking it out either.

I like dsmetal, but like leileilol said, there's something odd about the sounds. Try comparing them to Doom2's sound effects... Maybe they need to be "sharper" perhaps?

Okay then. Thanks for the details. I've used high pass filtering on dsmansit, and the sound seems sharper to me (at least when running into a big crowd of mancubi, as in FreeDoom's and DOOM 2's MAP07, the collective growling blends together better). It's in the new WIP section here.