Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Red_Warrior

It wasn't a vacation, but Hell

Well, I'm back, frazzled and pissed off at the stupidity of 1) Gateway, 2) Comcast and the fact that Windows 98 is so hard to find. I was away for so long because either something broke, the modem went outdated, the connector box outside filled with water or some such other unhappy event. But I'm back, with a new modem, Windows 98 and another happy PSX emulator. Website work has been trying to continue and now may actually get done as I can now be online for more than 5 minutes without being kicked off. I'm still frustrated that sound in Wolf still won't work, but I can get Caramgeddon to work hi-res with sound ^_^ the pixel people have much to fear, nya. I've lost interest in vulpine DOOM, but mayhap a project including the floofy fox of Sonic fame, Tails, may be on the horizon? Ugh, so much work, no spirit and going stir-crazy, but at least Sonic Adventure 2 is pretty good... Dark Chao Gardens, heh....

-Red Warrior
The 'Sune-neko of many talents, mediocrities and a strange fixation on a certain fox with two-tails...

Ouch. I hope everything sorts itself out for you... and I'd kill to play a Tails TC. =)

but at least Sonic Adventure 2 is pretty good

w00t. I have 173 emblems. Green Hill here I come

I downloaded the demo which has 9 maps totally. Actually the game is very boring. All you need to do is only collecting all the rings, as many as you can and go through the levels. I like the version of sonic that I used to play on Game Gear. Wow, I think it has been many years now..about 6 years ago

The best Sonic game was undoubtedly Sonic 2. But Sonic Chaos for the Game Gear/Master System was awesome too.

On the offshoot of Sonic games.... I personally think 2 for Gensis was best for level design and music, 3 (gen) for character variety and new abilities (floofy flying foxes and a pissed Echidna, yay). The Adventure games on DC -both- have their strong and weak points. 1 was too short, had numerous glitches and other problems, but the 'free roaming' world was fun and made some levels fit more. I personally am happy that Amy especially was able to have a more active role in Adventure 1, as the poor girl hasn't had much to do since Sonic Drift and Sonic R (same gameplay, but she had a different car). So many beings hate Amy, but it's quite true they dumbed her down in the US translations, just as they had done in numerous tv shows for our own poor foxie Tails. Abused characters unite. In 2, the 'free roaming' world is gone, and I'm personality sad to see it go ;_; but levels and graphics have improved. I'm very frustrated that Tails barely is able to leave that damned mech (they made his model a bit more ponchy... -and- they forgot a 'flight time limit' for the Chao World. Phbbt). So, we get a new character to appeal to 'typical' men, the busty bat Rouge (in her favor, she does have some charcater depth ^_^) but at least we get Shadow, who although looks like a Sonic clone, is an angtsy frustrated being with a damn sexy-sounding Japanese voice actor. Heh ^_^ all we need to do is dump all the stupid humans who've invaded the Adventure games and it'll be -perfect-. I'd rather have a cat-morph than the human president in the game, thanks... *miphs*. Anyway, I like all of the Sonic games, even Labyrinth for Game Gear. And Tails' Adventures for GG is great ^_^ although Tails' Sky Patrol is just... weird....

In closing: Tails and Amy getting more screentime: good. The proliferation of those blasted humans: bad. Shadow: damn sexy, for a hedgehog ^.^

!
I was wondering when you would come back. It's good to see your computer didn't eat you or something - though it sounds like the bloody thing tried. I wish I had some good advice, but I don't so I'll give you my advice. Keep a hammer by your computer at all times, that way you can easily persuade the blasted thing that it really wants to make you happy. If it works in getting people to pay back the money you loan them, it can't hurt to try in on a computer, can it?

I'm sorry to hear the Vulpine Doom is getting the axe, but a Tails mod sounds great. Come to think of it, I haven't played Sonic in years... not since I packed up the games. I guess it's time to download some roms... though the emulator I'm using sucks and the sound craps out like every ten seconds. It's better than nothing, I suppose. Tails is an awesome character, though. I rank him right up there with Kirby on my list of favorites. Speaking of Kirby, you can't beat that cream puff.

Well, welcome back. Things should be a little more interresting now that you are here.

I personally like Sonic 3 and its Sonic & Knuckles "expansion" if you want to call it that. I liked the idea that they made remixes of the act 1 tracks to make the act 2 ones. Plus, with both games it nearly doubles the amount of gameplay.

I loved Sonic and Knuckles. My personnal fave. Just the cart, no add-ons. The levels were ultra groovy. I must've beaten it a million times.

Sonic Crackers was great too. Too bad it was only released. At least the beta rom is floating around.

I just picked up Sonic Adventure for the DC. Other than effects and being 3d, somehow it wasn't as fun. Humans in a sonic game? Blech!

I've got 180 emblems. It's been so boring waiting for Sonic Team to upload some new Chao to their website for download...
BTW, Green Hill is worth it.

dammit, when's sonic adventure 2 going to be cheap? i don't want to drop $50-60 into it when it'll be $10 sooner or later. it sounds awesome. that and shenmue 2.

I downloaded the demo which has 9 maps totally. Actually the game is very boring. All you need to do is only collecting all the rings, as many as you can and go through the levels.

Err...wasn't that how all the other games were? No offence, but the gameplay of the sonic games was lacking. Way the hell to fast for any human to control.

dammit, when's sonic adventure 2 going to be cheap? i don't want to drop $50-60 into it when it'll be $10 sooner or later. it sounds awesome. that and shenmue 2.

didn't you hear? shenmue 2 has been bought by microsoft for the x-box. it will not come out on dc. thank god, i would think less of my dc if that game came out.

ah, but shenmue 2 coming out in europe in english. should be out by now.

it's nice to know shenmue is continuing on, even if it's on the x-box. it could be one of the most epic video game collections ever.

I have both Sonic 2, 3, and S&K. Out of those three I don't like Sonic 2 and for a couple of reasons, but may not apply to some people:

1. The acts are too complex and contain way too many enemies and harmful obstacles, thus creating lots of glitches here and there.

2. You can run past most of the acts within seconds.

3. I played Sonic 3 before I played Sonic 2.

One time, I got all the way to the last Robotnik battle or somewhere near there, and the game froze the moment I was close to defeating him. But I'll admit the music isn't that bad.

Sonic Crackers was great too. Too bad it was only released. At least the beta rom is floating around.

I have the Knuckles Chaotix Cart for 32x. People don't seem to understand...Sonic Crackers WAS NEVER gonna be a real game. Ever wonder why the graphics are completely shit? and it crashes so much? It's because they turned the Knux Chaotix ---> Genesis. It has the same music, same EVERYTHING except tails and sonic. and that level is a cheap hack of some kind. It reminds me of a knux chaotix map to be exact.

Sonic Drift and Sonic R

I actually bought Sonic R the other day, but all of the game modes are locked, so I can't play it... :\

Never played any Tails-only games, but did anyone play Sonic Chaos? MS/GG only release. It was cool. The only time Tails got an active role on the Msster System I think. And he could fly too.

Yeeessss.........

BTW.....

/Me readies Flamethrower....

Sonic Ownz Mario. Mario was BORING. I couldn't play it for more than five minutes.

I'm anti-Sonic...Knuckles is 10 times cooler than the blue idiot, come to think of it Shadow makes humiliating Sonic look easy considering he does it quite a bit...and with rather ease

/me BFGs Sonic into tiny bits of blue and red...:D

Lost interest in Vulpine DOOM? How sad, I was kind of looking forward to it but I'm sure you must've had your reasons. Anyways, it's great to see you're back. Your webpage is looking great. I hope you can stay with us for a long time.(with us meaning the community.)

Tails= damn sexy yet intelligent foxie
Shadow= damn sexy yet angsty (I thought so, anyway) hedgehog
Red Warrior= terribly depressed and lonely 'sune-neko

And yes, the humans in Sonic Adventure were uncalled for. However, if you've seen some of the really old Sonic art (some's packed in the Sonic Screen Saver, hidden in the PC Sonic and Knuckles collection) it's not the first time. Oh, and Sonic does indeed look cute in a bowtie. With roses. And a car. It's a shame those pictures aren't more available....

I am a god of SA2. The only things I didn't get emblems for was the chaos because those little faggots die when they get good. With shadow I'm insanely awesome. Specifically on Sky Rail where I beat the map in 48 seconds on hard mode

*sigh* I never played any sonic games before. =(
I always wanted to since the genesis days but I was stuck with SNES which had some awesome games. I used to watch the sonic cartoon though. Who's shadow though? And can I be a character in the game too? ;-)