Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Bane

a question...

you slaughter demons on earth, in doom 2, right? well, how do you explain that, who brought those things on earth? i mean those skullcandles? who got those lion faces on the wall? where the hell came the teleports? skull-buttons? those demon heads? pentagrams? that horned red eye guy, who pukes blood? Those things makes me very confused. that's the biggest question i've wanted know when i first played this game.

Yeah, but I think it is also that the demons have control so they ya know, did remodling and shit.

That, or Doom2 is just an unfocused mess.

Yeah, but I think it is also that the demons have control so they ya know, did remodling and shit.

Yeah
DOOMGUY: Hmm...theres the store, the park, oh and that crusher in the middle of the city.

I pick choice number 2

Brown-nosing sychophant humans trying to make their new masters feel "at home." Lousy suck-ups.

It's in the story. When the doom guy travels back to earth some hellspawn comes with him (he doesn't notice). The hellspawn then uh makes more hellspawn on earth =P

Do you ever get into the situation where you have so much you gotta do, that you can't bring yourself to actually do any of it? I got that right now.

YES. Me too. :(

Do you ever get into the situation where you have so much you gotta do, that you can't bring yourself to actually do any of it? I got that right now.

YES. Me too. :(

Same here.

Hmm... wooden textures... houses are made of wood (even though we can make vast high tech space stations), we'll place a wood texture here. And books! People have books! We'll use lots and lots of book shelves.

//groans

You mean nobody's heard of Better Homes and Demons magazine? It's a hellbeast's best friend for remodeling. Can't decide between stretched skin or growling skulls for the wall? BHAD Makes it easy.

And for those who don't get it... *holds up a sign reading "sarcasm"*. I think they remodeled, for the hell of it ^_^ who wouldn't want to?

-Red Warrior
About Better Homes and Demons.... don't even -ask- what's in the recipe section x_X

Imagine playin' Doom in an IKEA decorated level? That's why they altered that reality,and anyway if you have no problem with the fact that these creatures really do exist,why question their sense of decor?Makes the the game much more interesting....

Doom2's levels look the way they do because the demons subverted the reality of our little blue (and rather pixelated, apparently)planet to match their own twisted reality.
Make sense?

OR.....id got the game done in 2 weeks, spent 2 minutes on the story, burned the game onto a CD, and that was that.

That's the main thing about Doom 2 that pissed me off -- none of it made any sense. Here you were in a "Factory"...so therefore, there are schizofrenic rooms with walkways that rise out of slime pits and rooms with ten lifts leading to nowhere, each with its own resident cacodemon. Grr.

That's the main thing about Doom 2 that pissed me off -- none of it made any sense. Here you were in a "Factory"...so therefore, there are schizofrenic rooms with walkways that rise out of slime pits and rooms with ten lifts leading to nowhere, each with its own resident cacodemon. Grr.

That cacodemon room was a pump room or piston room of some sort, from what I gather. Either that or it was a little amusement park ride for the cacos. Silly, playful things with a short attention spans, cacos are. Or so I've heard.

That cacodemon room was a pump room or piston room of some sort, from what I gather. Either that or it was a little amusement park ride for the cacos. Silly, playful things with a short attention spans, cacos are. Or so I've heard.

Cacos are the coolest, I love those silly lil beasties.

hey, where did i read something about those demons coming to earth with a large craft made of bones and human flesh...

where did i read something about those demons coming to earth with a large craft made of bones and human flesh...

That's in the story of TNT.

you lot have seen the aliens movies right? they sorta "dress it up" abit befor the big angry head decides to pop round.

Geez, if you want realistic looking enviroments play Half Life.

Geez, if you want realistic looking enviroments play Half Life.

halflife ruled a long time ago, now it sux.

BTW, how that giantic creature on Icon of Sin should have gotten on earth? I don't think that it walked from the same portal as doomguy, but that thing seems to be the only way for demoms to get on earth.

Yup,that's the problem with games like Half-Life and other FPS,too many cut scenes,too many options all slowing down and breaking up the gameplay.You don't achieve the rythmn and flow that you get with a good Doom level,the intensity is compromised.Godammit,we're playing a game not watchin' a f-ing movie,interactive man,not couch potato.Plot can definitely weigh down gameplay.
It's like listening to a CD with gaps between the tracks in comparison to a shit-hot DJ with a supurb continuous mix.
And that's why Doom rules,it's definitive,pure gameplay!

DOOM IS DEAD,LONG LIVE DEATH!

Oh, of course! "you don't mind going through hell to get there", or something like that. That also explains the sky changing into suffering souls...
BTW, when i go to Wolfenstein and Grosse, the sky has changed to that one on Suburbs, but i guess that's normal since the sky that can be seen in Grosse is also like that.