Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Scuba Steve

Auferstehung has been released!

It is 165 megs unzipped (not counting the Doom2.wad file the author asks you to place in the directory). I cannot, for the life of me, figure out how it is this big! Even the stupid music is only ~50 megs! Regardless, mod of the year.

I bit :( He did say he spent a long time editing the slige levels... :0

Edit: Scuba your screens make it look better than it is...

New enemies would be nice, not just new enemy skins. And that archvile replacement sure looks familiar. As does the lost soul replacement.

Scuba, tell me you played this with an old version of FreeDoom. It will make my heart a little less achy breaky.

GGG said:

New enemies would be nice, not just new enemy skins.

Yes, it would have been better if the deh from sadhusct had been shoved in there as well.

The story is interesting - nearly as good as Paul Thrussell's work, I'd say.

Another quality wad brought to you by "the friends" at DoomWADStation, the supposedly hottest place on the net for Doom wads like a stolen no-credit povdoom ripoff lol

I analyzed the various wad files, and determined where the primary space wastage is going on - the archive contains tons upon tons of duplicates of the sound effects, sprites, and a bunch of THINGS, SECTORS, LINES, etc. lumps without maps to go with them. There's also plenty of illegal doom2.wad resources included, as well as lots of resources that aren't even used (what's the bloody point of including the GENMIDI, ENDOOM, demos, and DP* lumps if it's intended for ZDoom).

Wasn't the wadstation guy claiming to use the shovelware DVD profits to pay for hosting? What a fine use of resources.

Th0r said:

Top 10 wad of the year material right here

I have a sneaking feeling this wad will be mentioned in this year's Cacowards.

david_a said:

Wasn't the wadstation guy claiming to use the shovelware DVD profits to pay for hosting? What a fine use of resources.

Yes, he does boast how his CDs are jam-packed with files. Junk of this size should make it easier for him to fill them up, and anyone gullible enough to buy them probably won't even realize what's going on.

Kristian: At least thissuxx.wad and 1337.wad involved some creative work on the part of the authors, and some of the maps in the latter were quite demo friendly.

I have no doubt that this is a joke wad, so it must be excluded from the cacowards.

I mean, SLIGE? Wolfenstein enemies? Freedoom weapons and Duke Nukem sounds spliced together terribly? Sounds like a parody gone wrong, but a parody still.

Don't forget the DOOM 64 Lost Soul, and the Archvile that probably wasn't replaced because of the many sprites it has.

Things like this can draw a smile in your face when you go back and look at your own wads.