Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
LexiMax

The /newstuff Chronicles #288

quake 3 was a good engine. even call of duty 2 uses it.

i notice there aren't a lot of Q2 engine games out there, and i can tell you why: that thing is fugly. i think only anachronox managed to make it not look like vomit.

There's a lot of Quake2 engine games out there. And when it came it were the cream of the crops in 3d engines. Of course, Unreal engine beat it when it came out. But that's how it goes.

off the top of my head, i can think of:

heretic 2
soldier of fortune
daikatana (lol)
anachronox
sin
kingpin

not really all that many, especially not compared to quake 3.

with the exception of anachronox, they were horribly ugly, even compared to half-life (a quake 1 engine game) which actually predated some of the above-mentioned games. SoF in particular is even more garish than quake 2 was. a fucking blast, though.

AlexMax is really the last person I'd expect to get along well with Deathz0r to be honest. Deathz0r IMO seems to enjoy maps with a more oldschool feeling rather then these "UBAR DETAILZ0R Gothic 99 inspired mapz", whereas AlexMax seems more like the more modern Doomer who prefers wads with good detail.

Craigs said:

AlexMax is really the last person I'd expect to get along well with Deathz0r to be honest. Deathz0r IMO seems to enjoy maps with a more oldschool feeling rather then these "UBAR DETAILZ0R Gothic 99 inspired mapz", whereas AlexMax seems more like the more modern Doomer who prefers wads with good detail.

I like good detail, but not overloaded. I 'appriciate' older-looking maps, but personally I prefer a nice balance between the two.

And yeah, you could say that dean and I are pretty close.

Always remember, exp(x), that the current policies for UD state that to remain a member one must be Acting like a dumbass to the point where everyone of your clanmates hate you.

MDM7, that submarine. I think I have played that map before. Long before (more than a year for sure by now). Just why is it in newstuff again?

"WAD2" is already used, by Half-Life 1.

It was a compilation of sorts.. re-tooled some old maps.. if I'm not mistaken Hirogen2, you designed the radar gfx?