Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
flashn00b

First Person Spiffer: Need spriters

Should there be any Real-world weapons in this WAD?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Should there be any Real-world weapons in this WAD?

• Yes.
    • Dunno.
    • No.
    • Spiff would never use a SPAS-12 or an RPG-7

If I were you, I'd be more worried about the map itself. Is this your first map?

That first shot looks like Mario64 only worse :P
I'd also recommend you first build some more maps to get practice and then ask someone to help you out with a project.
But that's just my opinion...

HobbsTiger1 said:

hot 90 degree angled action!

That basically sums up my opinion of this map.
The author has a map made of nothing but boxy rooms, textures that look like their supposed to be computer screens but are too small to make out anything, a sky that looks like it is glitching really badly, and his primary concern is whether or not he should add "realistic weapons"

Maybe I'm just daft, but does 'spiff' refer to Spaceman Spiff? If so, I'm willing to ignore the dubious map quality in favor of how awesome a Spaceman Spiff pc would be...

If not, then yeah, work on them maps.

[QUOTE]flashn00b said:
[B]This is not a joke! Please contact me for more info

sad that you have to start the post with that

Well, first work on your mapping skills. It looks like you're trying to make a real world .wad, so then yes, realistic weapons would probably compliment it. However, the mapping is very blocky and simplistic. Very underdetailed, and the texture choice is very bad, it looks terrible repeated on the surfaces you're using them on. Especially the outside wall, the area is too large for a repetetive texture like that, unless you use detail to break it up. Adding windows or something would probably do wonders for it. If this is your first map, or the first one you're considering releasing, then work on mapping itself. Once you create a map that people will want to play, that looks good, that doesn't have a 1994 feel to it, then be concerned with whether or not you need new weapons in it. That's my advice, work on your mapping skills, make several maps, have people test play them to see how they play, then start on something that a large audience will enjoy playing. Then, and only then should you be concerned about the custom weapons that are in it.