Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
DJShrimpy

Serious help needed (teleporting)

All I wanna do is get a teleporter working but it's not working. :'(

Ok, so I've got my sector ready. Just a 64x64 square with the GATE1 texture. The lines are outwards. For all four sides I choose line action number 70.

I made it so that the player has to walk over it.

And of course I added a teleport destination in the map too. Here are the settings for that.

So everything's set. The player walks across the teleporter and gets teleported. Right? Not apparantly.

For some reason the player just walks over it and absolutely nothing happens. I set it to "Player walks over" so I have no idea why it won't work.

The teleport destination if somewhere around here, but there's no way to get to it because the teleporter isn't working. :(

I'm using Skulltag: Doom in Hexen Format. My current version of Skulltag is 0.96f, the latest one. And thr worst part is that I can't open any Doom in Hexen Format maps because Doom Builder won't open them. Instead I get slammed in the face with a bunch of random lines.

If anyone would please help me that would be great. :)

DJShrimpy said:

I can't open any Doom in Hexen Format maps because Doom Builder won't open them. Instead I get slammed in the face with a bunch of random lines.

That'll happen if, for example, you're trying to open a Hexen format map, but Doom Builder thinks you want to open a Doom format map. If you get random lines, reopen it and set it to use the other format, and it should work.

EDIT: Make sure you set the teleport lines themselves with the tag, not the teleport sector itself. You should have the teleport's lines tagged, and the teleport destination's sector tagged. Nothing else. Hopefully that'll work and I didn't explain it wrong. ;p

So your saying I should (for example) make a little square sector around the object and give that the same tag as the teleport lines? I'll try that I guess.

EDIT: Cool that worked. Thanks a lot for the help guys. :)

DJShrimpy said:

So your saying I should (for example) make a little square sector around the object and give that the same tag as the teleport lines? I'll try that I guess.

EDIT: Cool that worked. Thanks a lot for the help guys. :)

Hooray, I'm glad you got it to work.

You don't need to make a little square sector around the object, you can just tag whatever sector the object is already in, regardless of its size or shape.

Welll what I wanted to do was: It's a DM map, and there is this big arena, which I made all glow blue, to make it look underwaterish. Each player starts in a small room and teleports into the water.

The problem is that the teleport destinations would have had to use different sector tags, and the blue effect would only go on sectors tagged 1. It would get too confusing so I scrapped the teleport idea. Thanks for the help anyways, atleast I'll know what to do next time. :)

DJShrimpy said:

Why was this moved? The thread was specifically about a Doom Builder problem.

No, you'd need to make a teleport the same way regardless of the editor you're using.

DJShrimpy said:

Welll what I wanted to do was: It's a DM map, and there is this big arena, which I made all glow blue, to make it look underwaterish. Each player starts in a small room and teleports into the water.

Don't do this. You'll have unsporting opponents camping out in the player starts.