Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
VileSlay

white n' nerdy

I rarely find him laugh-out-loud funny, but most of his stuff is amusing and has a surprising level of replay value, probably because there's so little else I find that's just fun to listen to.

Yeah. It's weird how most songs get dated, but his parodies of them don't.
Weird Al is the king.

Lüt said:

I rarely find him laugh-out-loud funny, but most of his stuff is amusing and has a surprising level of replay value, probably because there's so little else I find that's just fun to listen to.

My sentiments exactly. He's not gut-busting hilarious but his songs always bring a smile to my face.

Also, unlike most 'joke' musicians he has a great understanding of music and a bit of talent (more than most).

Heh, pretty cool. I've always been a fan of Weird al's work. It's a nice alternative to all the Gangster Rap, emotional chick music (Paris Hilton... <_<, and morbid and opressing music you usually hear on the radio today.

Technician said:

He cut his long hair for this. :C

He cut his hair like 5 years ago at least.

anyone ever heard of a bloody wig? I mean, his hair in the video's straight, Al's hair is curly in real life.

I just saw a recent interview before this and he still had hair down to about his waist. Because it’s curly they kind of looked like gross dreads.

TonicBH said:

anyone ever heard of a bloody wig? I mean, his hair in the video's straight, Al's hair is curly in real life.

Anyone ever heard of electric hair straighteners?

I read a while ago that when he changes his hair for a video, he doesn't get rid of it. He flattens it with some sort of goopy substance, packs it onto his skull, and then puts on the necessary wig.

AndrewB said:

I read a while ago that when he changes his hair for a video, he doesn't get rid of it. He flattens it with some sort of goopy substance, packs it onto his skull, and then puts on the necessary wig.

I couldn't see him wanting to cut five years worth of hair to do a video.

Technician said:

Those are terrible for your hair.

They still make it straight without a lot of effort.

Heh, this talk about hair lengths reminds me of Maynard James Keenan's wig. When I first heard the APC album I noticed he had long hair even though I remembered him having a shaved head when he was in Tool. Then I saw them in concert and sure enough, he had hair down to his ass. I was like "guess he just grew it out". Then Tool came out with a new album and I saw them in concert and he had a shaved head again and I though "well I guess he shaved it again". Then a couple years after that I saw APC in concert again and he had long hair again. I was like "wtf, he grew that hair out pretty fast. Then later on at that show Audioslave came on stage and Chris Cornell sung a duet with Maynard who was suddenly bald again. It wasn't until this moment that I realised it was a stupid wig all along.

Sometimes I can be a little slow.