Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Vegeta

Rocky VI, what are your expectations?

Recommended Posts

Personaly I'm scared that it ends to be like Terminator 3. Also it probably doesn't matter if Rocky wins or loose, it will probably be dissapointing in one way or other. The oponent doesn't seem to be so interesting as the previews, even Tommy seems a more interesting character. I love all the Rocky movies I hope they don't ruin the story.
Yet unlike other movies that you just go and see for pleasure, this is one of the "must see", I have a bit of hope that this will be a nice film, but I think chances for that are smaller than the oposite.

Share this post


Link to post
DeumReaper said:

Hope they bring back the original version of "Gonna Fly Now" (Maynard Ferguson fan here).


Maynard is the king. You know he died right? I'm glad I got to see him one more time before he passed. I got his whole band's autograph on his last album. Rock on!

But yea, I hope Rocky wins in this movie then goes and dies in the locker room or something similar. Unfortunately, they probably won't kill him.

Share this post


Link to post

Terminator 3? Really? I may be alone then, since I liked the ending of that film, I was not expecting that.

Rocky VI? I think it has potential to be good... if Stallone loses. He lost in the first film, so why not end with a similar premise. After giving it everything he has at the end of his career, he still loses by one count or something in the final round, but shows everyone that he could still go the distance. Of course that probably won't happen.

Share this post


Link to post

Scuba Steve said:
Of course that probably won't happen.

What you described sounds like Million Dollar Baby, but less dramatic.

Share this post


Link to post

Ralphis said:
Maynard is the king. You know he died right? I'm glad I got to see him one more time before he passed. I got his whole band's autograph on his last album. Rock on!

I honestly thought he was already dead, but the week after he died my professor told me, heh. Never got the chance to see him live, though.

Share this post


Link to post

I may see it just to see if Sly
tawls lie dis ya know? Ey ya know izz me Rockuh ya know ey ya know? Yo Arriahhh... Oouhh

Share this post


Link to post
DeumReaper said:

I honestly thought he was already dead, but the week after he died my professor told me, heh. Never got the chance to see him live, though.


It's a shame dude. I've never heard such a bright sound in my entire life. Even in his last performances I saw he'd only play like one note but I never heard so much emotion in one note (a very high note :P)

Share this post


Link to post

I think it will rock. Love the trailer and the jokes about him been far too old for it, and i think that's what'll make it. Unlike T3 (and indiana jones 4, probably) it's not pretending that stallone is still in his 30's. This is another chapter in the life of Rocky, when in western cinema have we had the chance to so closely follow the life of one character through his major ups and downs over ~4 decades?

I do agree though that it should mirror the first, he goes the distance but looses on points or something, but the optimistic ending is that he goes home, opens his restaurant the next day and the boxer kid comes in for chow, and shows his respect to the old boy after mouthing him off for the rest of the film. yeah, big cheese, but that's rocky for ya :-)

Share this post


Link to post

There's something the Rocky series that remind me DOOM. All Rocky's movies have a very simple plot, but there's something about it that makes it unique (unlike many other simple plots that suck), so with DOOM. No matter how old the movies are, neither how many "clones" were made, it's still a pleasure to see it again.
Well big diference on these terms are that rocky has a lot more funs than DOOM, and the new chapter after many years of the series being concluded isn't a reinterpretation of the first chapter (of course should suck to see the first movie with rocky older, or with a diferent actor).

Share this post


Link to post
Vegeta said:

There's something the Rocky series that remind me DOOM. All Rocky's movies have a very simple plot, but there's something about it that makes it unique (unlike many other simple plots that suck), so with DOOM. No matter how old the movies are, neither how many "clones" were made, it's still a pleasure to see it again.
Well big diference on these terms are that rocky has a lot more funs than DOOM, and the new chapter after many years of the series being concluded isn't a reinterpretation of the first chapter (of course should suck to see the first movie with rocky older, or with a diferent actor).


"Mr. Madison, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul."

Share this post


Link to post

Having in mind that you "forgot" to name the author of that quote, I assume you were trying to look smarter than what you really are.
There were many flamewars for this week, let just keep this mano a mano.

-
Back to the Rocky VI.

Share this post


Link to post

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
×