Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Craigs

"Doom Bathroom Syndrome?"

Alot of times I've heard people say that most wads based on a real life location suffer from "Doom Bathroom Syndrome."
I'm rather curious as to where the term comes from. I've looked it up on Doom wiki and google but nothing came up.

From old wads putting bathrooms, kitchens, or such in levels, making sinks and toilet bowls that generally looked rather lame and provided little to enhance playability.

myk said:

From old wads putting bathrooms, kitchens, or such in levels, making sinks and toilet bowls that generally looked rather lame and provided little to enhance playability.

There's even a nice thread here about doom toilets, before some nastie closed it down *sniff*.

Maybe we should make a "most realistic toilet PWAD ever" contest.

From the first moments in the wad comunity there was the idea of recreating real life locations, bathrooms where just an element among many others. But with the DOOM 3 hype, the "bathroom scene", without a doubt the most memorable of all the screenshots and trailers, turned bathrooms into an atractive and crucial element for mappers who aim realism.