Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Captain Red

Get over it

I starting to get just a little annoyed with this bollocks with sept 11. yep it was bad. and hey, outta respect, I stoped playing games for a week, I stopped my anti amarcan ranting for a month and i even donated money!

but come on lads!

First, they canned that arnie movie, fine, i can understand that, then the new Tom clancey movie "The some of all fears" witch really shits me as a fan of the book. then the spiderman movie's ending has to be remaid coz it involves the World trade center, Syphon filter 3 has been held back, so has metal gear solid 2, conterstrike severs have been shut down, songs has been pulled of the air because they cotain the words "Flying", "Bomb", ect. there cutting scens outta TV movies that involve the WTC or pentagon.

Com'on this is taking it a bit too far! I don't see why this has to effect me! i live on the other side of the pacfic ocen! and befor any of you start telling me off about the familys involved, you should know that my mate of 9 years was killed in a car crash, along with his girlfrend. I still play racing games, and another bloke was in the car with him spent his time in hospital playing driver!!

I donno, what do you think?

and hey, outta respect, I stoped playing games for a week

And what did that accomplish?

First, they canned that arnie movie, fine, i can understand that, then the new Tom clancey movie "The some of all fears" witch really shits me as a fan of the book. then the spiderman movie's ending has to be remaid coz it involves the World trade center, Syphon filter 3 has been held back, so has metal gear solid 2, conterstrike severs have been shut down, songs has been pulled of the air because they cotain the words "Flying", "Bomb", ect. there cutting scens outta TV movies that involve the WTC or pentagon.

Heh, I've never heard any of this. That's downright ridiculous alright. Just because something happened relative to what these entertainment producers are working on is never a reason to can that work. They shouldn't even begin to play into the people who will complain about their stuff. Oliver Stone said something about this, and if I had a quote I would have quoted it because it was a good smack upside the head with common sense for the people griping like this. I think he's even gonna make his next movie about terrorists now (Arab I believe), so kudos to him for keeping the sanity.

and befor any of you start telling me off about the familys involved

That's irrelevant in this case: look at how many war games/movies there are. End of story.

The only thing I heard about there was the Arnie movie. The spider man thing -- the WTC scene was in the trailer, and according to the people at the film studios, "only in the trailer".

Ct_red_pants, I agree; it has been taken too far.
I'm suprised they didn't point the guilty finger at DOOM, that coming off the stupidity on the Columbine 99 case.

The world will never be peacful and there will always be someone kill someone else. Banning games and movies will not help, but make matters worst.

But never count out Harry Potter. That film is vicious and disgusting, I've never seen such an ugly child.

I seem to remember reading that Microsoft released a patch for their Flight Simulator to remove the twin towers. I can understand the towers being removed in the next version but it seems kind of crazy to release a patch to specifically remove them from the current version.

I seem to remember reading that Microsoft released a patch for their Flight Simulator to remove the twin towers. I can understand the towers being removed in the next version but it seems kind of crazy to release a patch to specifically remove them from the current version.

Jesus! That is taking it way too far, I wonder why they did that...:
1. To keep uptodate with today's scenery.
2. To stop kiddos re-acting the 11/9 disaster.

'O_O'

I wonder why they did that...

Probably because it was "The Right Thing" (tm).

You haven't learned anything from the Oklahoma City bombing, the Clinton affair or Littleton? It doesn't stop until the next biggest thing happens.

Hopefully it's something that wipes out most of the news sources in the US.

Actually, I stopped reading about those long ago...I mean I just threw the mag or paper away. Ignorance is bliss...well, kind of, I knew all about it, I was just sick of the bullshit surrounding it. But yeah, it always comes down to the next biggest salable thing.