Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Peanut

Verticle Floors/Ceilings

If by that you mean "how do you use floor/ceiling textures on walls", there is an option in Doombuilder to do that. Not sure about any other editors. Are you talking about room-over-room? That's strictly a source port feature (e.g. ZDoom) and it's a rendering trick utilizing portal linedefs. Doombuilder also has this feature.

Unless maybe you're talking about changing gravity, as seen in more recent FPS's. I like guessing games!

You could put a slope using a very thin sector (1 or 2 units). The result wouldn't look good but sounds like fun.

no, i mean like instead of a strait line like this "l" you make a verticle line (floor/ceiling i mean) "/". understand now?

nightmare93 said:

no, i mean like instead of a strait line like this "l" you make a verticle line (floor/ceiling i mean) "/". understand now?

Verticle means a line going straight up. What you're trying to say is "slanted". The only way you can do what you're really asking about is with Zdoom. You simply use the slope special for a line. I must warn you though, slopes are extremely tricky, and you have to have quite a bit of experience to impliment slopes correctly. I've been told that Deepsea has some kind of slope prefab tool that allows you to create slopes a little more easily, but seeing as I use Doombuilder I wouldn't know (I'm too lazy to download the shareware version to find out. :P).

Craigs said:

I must warn you though, slopes are extremely tricky, and you have to have quite a bit of experience to impliment slopes correctly.

Uh, no it's just a line special (181), with 1 parameter to dictate slope of floor or ceiling. Experience required: typing a number or two. Christ.

Use3D said:

Uh, no it's just a line special (181), with 1 parameter to dictate slope of floor or ceiling. Experience required: typing a number or two. Christ.

do i make a dummy sector for it? like for a 3dfloor?

Craigs said:

Verticle means a line going straight up. What you're trying to say is "slanted".

Actually, a verticle can be an axis or hinge, which could refer (albeit indirectly and improperly) to a slanted surface. It also refers to a line going straight up, at least in Europe.

"Verticle" would be a nice word for some sort of vertical object in some system or field of knowledge, but it's not a word in English yet, as far as I know.

nightmare93 said:

do i make a dummy sector for it? like for a 3dfloor?

No not needed slopes are very easy to make use line action 181, just downgrab that tutorial it explains it all.

myk said:

"Verticle" would be a nice word for some sort of vertical object in some system or field of knowledge, but it's not a word in English yet, as far as I know.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/Verticle

For some reason, I thought I read that "verticle" could be a British spelling of "vertical". But it appears it isn't.