Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bucket

Doom on XBLA

hahahahaha people are trying to sell doom for xbox!
big mistake.
every ones way better off with the pc version.
Who doesnt have IDE these days?

HWGuy said:
So how many platforms has Doom been ported to?

rebdoomin said:

Who wants to deal with the type of people who play zdaemon and skulltag?

I'd probably grab this if I had a 360 - Deathmatch on my couch sounds like a fun way to pass time.

rebdoomin said:
big mistake.

Your mother made a big mistake.

Trasher][ said:
Who wants to deal with the type of people who play zdaemon and skulltag?

You've been mindraped.

In any case, these things (XBOX on one hand, user modded online engines on the other) complement each other, offering the game in different scenarios.

myk said:

Your mother made a big mistake.

This has to be the most truthful thing I have seen posted in awhile;)
Anyway, I plan to buy this, if not just to say that I own every thing doom related (I think?)

rebdoomin said:

big mistake.
every ones way better off with the pc version.

Dude, why go over to the PC when you can just play it with others as easily on XBL? I don't own an XBOX or anything, but why laugh at it? I'd buy it, it'd be fun.

And since official console port devs are notorious for doing as little as possible to update ancient games, you can be sure that XBLADoom is much closer to a Vanilla experience than other ports.

So has anyone checked this out yet? I don't have a 360, and this looks pretty cool.

I actually had a lot of fun with the "lazy" port with Doom 3 Xbox at a friend's party with a couple of friends and co-op, so if this is a better port-job taking advantage of the resolution etc it'll be the best console port of Doom.

Just a pity about the black bars on the sides of the screen. Tile a texture or something, guys!

Bucket said:
you can be sure that XBLADoom is much closer to a Vanilla experience than other ports.

[Lex]WRONG!!![/Lex]
It's better than the xbox port: 1080i, 5.1, online deathmatch/coop, leaderboards, plus everything that xbox live features.

Only downsides I found was that the midi synths the xbox uses for doom was crap, and some online play was real laggy (wtf?). Also if you dont like the Halo controls (no suprise)

I've been playing through it. It's good and bad. The good is that it's very true to the old-school doom. That's also the bad. It's too close to it. You don't get widescreen support and none of the textures have any filtering done (super blocky up close). I thought those were two things that would have been done to make it look a little nicer today. Oh well. Still a hell of a lot of fun.

Online play is nice and quick to set up but it seems I often have to try a few times before it can find some people to play against. The leaderboards keep track of your friends' records (kills, deaths, and time played), your own record, and the top players. The few online games I've played so far seemed nice and smooth, not too much lag. VoIP is standard of course too.

The four episodes of Doom 1 are included. Maybe they'll bring out Doom 2 later too.

Khojan said:

The four episodes of Doom 1 are included. Maybe they'll bring out Doom 2 later too.

Yeah, if enough people buy this, I assume. My guestimate, they're shooting for at least 5,000 people to buy it.

My friend bought it 2 days ago and invited me over to play but I had to pass the offer. I would be thrilled to play doom on a console (without the horrible graphics, stickey walls, and watered down levels of the SNES version).