Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
GooberMan

Doom - The Arcade Game intro released (everyone should check this one out)

"Why does he say everyone should check this out? Surely he's up himself or something..."
I say everyone should check this out because I have done something, to my knowledge, that has not been done before using the Doom engine. I have scripted and recorded the Doom background story. In my opinion, it needs more detail, and it could definately be expanded in some areas, but it serves its purpose. Because this is for my Doom - The Arcade Game mod, I have changed a few details here and there to fit in with the enhanced story that will go with the mod, but it is essentially the Doom background story. You will need at least ZDoom v1.23b28 and DOOM2.WAD to view the demo (and if you must, play the level it's recorded from).
Direct your browser to http://www.geocities.com/gooberman_and_friends/doom_arcade to go and get the WAD file. Feedback is appreciated, but not essential (that doesn't mean I don't want feedback, feedback is nice :) ).

Note: if for some reason Geocities is being gay, direct your browser to http://www.geocities.com/gooberman_and_friends/doom_arcade/downloads to browse the downloads directory and get the file from there.

I suggest you just point your browser to the download directoy... there's no FTP client on this computer and as a result the Geoshitties File Fucker-uperer does just that - fucks everything up. I think it's sorta working, but the best bet is to just point your browser to the mentioned directory.

OK, I just downloaded it. Now alls I need to do is upgrade to ZDooM v1.23 beta 28b and I'll be ready to give it a whirl. Sounds promising.

Damn thats cool. This demo has me drooling over the full version. I swear man, if you quit this cause it gets to tough I will find you.......

don't worry, my name isn't Ralphis :P
it might take me a while to do, and I might possibly see if anyone wants to create maps for it, but it will get done... and since it is now in Doom 2 and not Ultimate Doom, I will do Doom and Doom 2 as a whole experience.