Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
baronofhell

halo wars

Wha? Sure there are Halo fanboys out there in vast numbers, but they'd go nuts over any Halo game. This one is blatantly trying to cash in on the large scale battle type game which has been popularised recently by Battlefield.

There are 2 rather large games on the horizon which I think will wipe the floor with Halo Wars - Battlefield 2142 and Quake Wars.

Hmm. Quake wars. Spinoff game where human forces fight against familiar alien forces from a previous franchise, in large scale battles including vehicles and various classes. This looks... familiar... OH WAIT.

Halo Wars a total ripoff.

AirRaid said:

Wha? Sure there are Halo fanboys out there in vast numbers, but they'd go nuts over any Halo game. This one is blatantly trying to cash in on the large scale battle type game which has been popularised recently by Battlefield. .

Correction: Age of Empires. Made by the same guys who DID Age of Empires too at that.

it's an RTS. not an MMOFPS.

so it has nothing to do with Battlefield, Quake Wars, and the like.

Just a cash-in on a different game type. who would've fucking thought of playing halo like it was an RTS anyways...x_x

Lizardcommando said:

Wasn't Halo originally supposed to be an RTS on the Mac?

Yes.

If this is a Halo RTS, it might be interesting.

caco_killer said:

I'm disappointed that this is what has become of Bungie. I guess they'll be stuck making Halo games until they become unpopular.

Thats the thing though - this is pretty much a guaranteed cash cow. Why take the risk of making some new that might flop when Halo will make some serious dough?

I wonder how they'll implement the control scheme (as of now its exclusive to 360).

Thinking about it, I think it would have been smarter for Microsoft to release this game as the Vista flagship instead of te port of H2. The fact that its an RTS lends itself to that kind of exclusive K/M gameplay PC is known for.

Bouncy said:

who would've fucking thought of playing halo like it was an RTS anyways...x_x

A lot of people I can assure you. I read recently about a team who was making a mod for some RTS based in the Halo universe. They were working on it for over 3 years and Bungie recently made them can it.

It's like Metroid Prime all over again!

Ralphis said:

A lot of people I can assure you. I read recently about a team who was making a mod for some RTS based in the Halo universe. They were working on it for over 3 years and Bungie recently made them can it.

It's like Metroid Prime all over again!

Oh, so Bungie took over what they were working on? It sure sounds like it.

What's the Metroid Prime thing? Was that originally a mod for a shooting game or something?

wasn't halo originally concieved as a RTS game waaay back in the day? hence the big outdoor settings, dumb troops and variety of vehicles and gun posts. if that's not an urban legend then it really has come fully circle, i mean, full halo :-)

this has to be a RTS. in the last two games there was only one spartan. in the video there's many.

...unless it's some kind of special XBox live game engine...thing

(ok i'm not the most literate gaming guru, so bear with me here)

Before the events took place in Halo 1 and 2, there was an army of soldiers just like Master Chief, but they were wasted in the novel "Fall of the Reach" or something.

Danarchy said:

Dumb troops? Halo had some pretty sweet AI.

For the first 3-4 levels or so, yes.

Use3D said:

For the first 3-4 levels or so, yes.

Well I admit I never played past the first level in Halo before, though I did play through at least half of Halo 2.

baronofhell said:

Before the events took place in Halo 1 and 2, there was an army of soldiers just like Master Chief, but they were wasted in the novel "Fall of the Reach" or something.

yeah, apparently many of the spartans were wasted when the covenent "glassed the planet" according to "First Strike". i never finshed "The Fall of Reach" O_o

IIRC, there were only about 3 dozen spartans to begin with, though there are still a few alive in the Halo games. My friends have read all the novels so they talk about this a lot. o_o

My friends are also obsessed with the Halo series, and have read most of the novels. I've read the first novel and I'm fairly familiar with the story, but not quite as interested as they are.

Halo can be fun at times playing coop with friends. Not really much of an X-box fan though. Was listening to these Halo wanks at work talking about the upcoming Halo movie. Not to mention a Diatribe on all this story crap. Can it surpass the Doom movie in terms of shitness? Or will it do better? Time will tell.

POTGIESSER said:
Can it surpass the Doom movie in terms of shitness? Or will it do better? Time will tell.

Well, Unlike the doom movie, bungee actually gives a crap about who makes the movie and how it's done, although that doesn't guarantee the movie being any good.