Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Shadow Dweller

Doom legacy problems 2: the next conniption

ok, legacy works finally. however, questions still remain.

such as, where do i find the bots? do you download them? are they hidden somewhere in legacy? (before you say it, yes i searched the forums and no i did not find an answer).

and is there a manual that can tell me how to do scripting? i am guessing that in order to have slanted surfaces and stacked floors you must script them.

Shadow Dweller said:

ok, legacy works finally. however, questions still remain.

such as, where do i find the bots? do you download them? are they hidden somewhere in legacy? (before you say it, yes i searched the forums and no i did not find an answer).

and is there a manual that can tell me how to do scripting? i am guessing that in order to have slanted surfaces and stacked floors you must script them.

Open the console and type addbot to spawn bots. If it's something you use often, you can bind it to a key.

You should be able to find answers to most of your questions on the Doom Legacy Wiki. If you want to learn scripting, you can use FraggleScript, or wait until 2.0 is released and then you can use ACS too. There's a tutorial for 3D floors here, but they don't require scripting.

If by "slanted surfaces" you mean slopes, I'm afraid Legacy doesn't support those.

bump:

ok i read and reread the insructions. for 3d floors and it is not working. the configuration is legacy, my editor is doom builder, i have one linedef of the dummy sector taged to the "3d floor" with type 281 (of course in DB it's "linedef action"), and the dummy sector has only 3 linedefs along with lighting and floor and ceiling adjustments.

these were my instuctions:

Doom Legacy Wiki 3D Floor Instructions says:

1. Create a reference (or dummy) sector - typically 3 linedefs to create a trianglar sector, the size of the dummy sector does not matter.

2. Put the floor of the dummy sector at the height you want the bottom of your 3D block to be, the ceiling at the height of the top of the 3D floor.

3. Set the floor textures to what you want on the top and bottom of the 3D block, and the light level to what you want below the 3D floor.

4. Now make one of the lines of the dummy sector type 281 and tag it to the sector you want to have a 3D floor in. Put the texture you want the sides of your 3D block to be in the center texture slot of the line you made type 281.

did i miss something here?

The best way to understand is to find a map that uses 3D floors and load it in your editor. I found that just looking at a successful implementation is far easier than trying to follow step by step instructions. I'll add an example wad to the wiki when I get time.

The bots don't go any slower, just pick an easier difficulty level and they get lots dumber. ;)