• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Giomancer

WIP: The Side Gate

Map:

http://filexoom.com/files/20354/WIPs/gio-wip01.rar

This is my first map. As the title of this thread suggests, it's a work in progress. To run, this wad requires Vavoom and Heretic.

Because I'm still building it, there are no monsters and no exit. I'm looking for commentaries on architechture, style and lighting.. pretty much anything useful at this stage of development. The staircase down will develop into a maze/dungeon-type area.. I'm not sure where the other doors are going yet, though.

- Gio

N.B: filexoom likes to die sometimes, so if the links don't work, try again later. Mid-day seems to work best, if you can manage it... *sigh*

EDIT: I took down the screenshots because they were crowding up the screen. I'll put them up lower in the thread after I make them smaller.

I just checked; it works fine for me. Like I said, they cut out sometimes because filexoom is a mong.

/me needs webspace again!

- Gio

Your MAPINFO fucks zDoom in the ass. Script Error, "MAPINFO" line 3: Bad Syntax.

Also it appears the map is hardly even near started, not even any monsters. Why even bother putting it up for download?

udderdude said:

Your MAPINFO fucks zDoom in the ass.

That might be because it's for Vavoom, not ZDoom.

Also it appears the map is hardly even near started, not even any monsters. Why even bother putting it up for download?

It's a work in progress. The author even states that in his first post. Perhaps he would like others to evaluate his current work?

I updated the download, bringing the map up to date with what I'm working currently. The lower part of the map has a small prison area and a boss battle arena that will lead into the main dungeon zone.

This is a courtyard. I think my detail work is getting a bit better. It needs a bit more work, of course. I'll update the download when I finish this area. As usual, comments are welcome.

- Gio

This is an area I call "the blue room". Colored lights can have a striking effect with the right flats. I'm thinking of scripting a trap or something for this area.. I mean, it looks dangerous, doesn't it?

- Gio

Trap ideas
-The ice starts melting and you have to find a way out before you drown
-Monsters burst out of the ice
-The ice melts and monsters rise from the waters

I personally think the latest screenshots look cool and look foward to it's release.