Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
sirjuddington

Playtesters

Well I've finished SJS02, and figured I might as well get some playtesting done before releasing it. So if anyone's interested just say so and I'll PM you or something.

Awesome nonlinear piece of map making. Just a few things wrong with it actually.

As I said on IRC, ZDBSP is not good for Boom compatible maps. Completely breaks PrBoom and I'm sure theres a few issues with other non-zdoom boom supporting ports as well.

There are several unpegged doors in the map. They look really dumb, especially with the other side being a normal door.

The health is just a tad bit tight. Adding just a little bit would be great.

You wouldn't need the megasphere if you were a bit more giving with health. Although a slight bit out of the way picking it up makes the rest of the map extremely easy. Maybe make it a soul?

I can tell virtually no difference between HMP and UV.

Finally, and this might be a random bug, but the very first time I played I couldn't get the teleports at the end to work.

HobbsTiger1 said:

There are several unpegged doors in the map. They look really dumb, especially with the other side being a normal door.

Hmm, what doors are we talking about? I didn't notice anything.

HobbsTiger1 said:

The health is just a tad bit tight. Adding just a little bit would be great.

Thought it might be. Although when I played through I ended up with quite a surplus of health just before the end battle.

HobbsTiger1 said:

You wouldn't need the megasphere if you were a bit more giving with health. Although a slight bit out of the way picking it up makes the rest of the map extremely easy. Maybe make it a soul?

Hmm ok, but what parts of the map need more health?

HobbsTiger1 said:

I can tell virtually no difference between HMP and UV.

It's not a whole lot different no, but there are a few more large/hard enemies around the place in UV. The end battle is also quite a bit bigger in UV than in HMP.

HobbsTiger1 said:

Finally, and this might be a random bug, but the very first time I played I couldn't get the teleports at the end to work.

Heh, looks like I have the WR/W1 teleports mixed up in the SLADE config. Fixed.