Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kristian Ronge

Scythe demos [-complevel 2]

Been really busy these past couple of weeks, so haven't checked the forums much...and I can't believe that I almost missed the grand return of Stx-Vile.

@#$@#$@# awesome!!!!!

map24 uv-speed/pacifist in 0:23

i think it's pacifist. this is a copy of jongo's tas run, except 3 secs slower. :)

sc24p023.zip

Map 20 UV-Respawn in 1:31. 110% kills but oh well.

btw does anyone have any tips for that blue key jump? Is there a trick to it or basically just jump and hope monsters aren't there?

sc20r131.zip

NoobBait said:

btw does anyone have any tips for that blue key jump? Is there a trick to it or basically just jump and hope monsters aren't there?

The most nasty blocker of that jump is the arachnotron, and your success rate becomes much higher when he is dead.

map09 uv-speed/pacifist in 0:23

this concludes my business with scythe speed/pacifist tables. i'm not exactly thrilled by the idea of repeating all the grinds on nm, so perhaps i'll look into some maxing. :)

sc09p023.zip

map03 uv-max in 0:53

piece of crap demo on a super-annoying map. i don't want to see it again, no matter what category.

sc03-053.zip

map14 uv-max in 0:54

even harder, but radek's time finally falls. three demopack records remaining (radek's 01, adam's 07 and vile's 30), but they all seem out of reach for me.

sc14-054.zip

dew said:

three demopack records remaining (radek's 01, adam's 07 and vile's 30), but they all seem out of reach for me.

well, map1 and 7 looks terribly hard to reach/improve, but there are several players currently active who could beat map 30's record
with very very long time, I humbly think I could do as well, but tatsurd/j4rio/ancalagon/anima zero/rizera/qataar/sav88 (just to name *SOME*) could do much better than I possibly would be able (and in less time), and get close to 20min or below that

ah and obviously stx-vile too can for sure improve the record with enough patience. map is very tough, but we saw recently that optimization of similar levels is possible D:

I personally don't see any point in playing with "intercepts overflow emulation ON". Better record prboom-only succesful demo than vanilla-compatible failed demo.

Couldn't just boom compatibility be used? How many (dis)advantages could it make happen?

j4rio said:

Couldn't just boom compatibility be used? How many (dis)advantages could it make happen?

monsters would get knocked from ledges. that one change alone would make the demos hardly comparable, probably harder if some of the snipers got knocked into the nukage.

Vile said:

Scythe map11 UV Max in 1:32
Recorded in Prboom-Plus 2.5.1.1 -complevel 2

I figured someone would come along and tear this map apart. The blue key strategy just goes so much smoother in your run it's insane. Nice job.

Vile said:

Scythe map11 UV Max in 1:32
Recorded in Prboom-Plus 2.5.1.1 -complevel 2

Zomg, Vile is back into recording?

That was a really cool demo. (:

1ntru said:

Zomg, Vile is back into recording?

he's trying to chill out the discussions taking place with awesome demos.. good try vile, but we need a few more to calm down! :P

I thought it ironic to post a PrBoom recorded demo when the process was up for debate. :P