Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kristian Ronge

Scythe demos [-complevel 2]

1 hour ago, GrumpyCat said:

Saved a bit of time by better door/lift usage but lost some by sloppy movement.

Map15 NM 100S 0:37

sc15s037.zip

Congrats! Yeah, the last door and lift are much better this way.

Map02 UV-Fast 0:57

sc02f057.zip

This is my run, but there are some other people interested in confirming that this run is not a TAS. Can someone who knows what they're doing take a look at it and confirm?

On 7/8/2021 at 1:34 AM, hackfraud said:

This is my run, but there are some other people interested in confirming that this run is not a TAS. Can someone who knows what they're doing take a look at it and confirm? 

I don't see anything suspicious from a quick check for the usual TAS signs, but it's worth noting that the community works in reverse of what you're asking. No one's a certified authority that stamps on the Seal of 100% Assured Purity, because 1) that's just asking to be caught with one's pants down, 2) incoming demos are simply trusted to be non-TAS unless stated otherwise, apart from some mechanical checks that are automated by the archive. Close human inspection is done on suspicious demos that raised someone's attention, not because distrust is /vr/'s default mode.

Map 13 UV Max + Reality + Items in 2:11

Please name me on the DSDA as 'PJ Plays Doom'.

Also, some of my demos are not on leaderboards as 'Reality + Items' and I noticed at least one Scythe record that isn't even listed as 'Reality' so it just looks like a regular UV Max. Please ensure those demos are described accurately.

sc13mitems211reality.zip

3 minutes ago, 4shockblast said:

Map 29 UV-Speed in 0:17. New AVJ strat, faster than current TAS D2ALL time.

sc29-017.zip

Sometimes the simplest strategies are truly hidden in plain sight!

Map 14 UV Max + Reality + Items in 1:26.97

Please list me on the DSDA as 'PJ Plays Doom'.

Also, my Map 12 record is still not listed as 'Reality + Items' and 'Items' is missing from the Map 11 listing.

Thanks in advance for correcting these entries.

sc14mitems126reality.zip

3 hours ago, MathsDevil said:

Also, my Map 12 record is still not listed as 'Reality + Items' and 'Items' is missing from the Map 11 listing.

Thanks in advance for correcting these entries.

If you want these requests to be addressed in a more timely manner, please post them to the Next Iteration of DSDA thread or the #dsda-reports channel in the speedrun Discord. We don't monitor the WAD threads for requests and have no means of keeping track of stuff here, so it's more easy for them to be lost.

For the 100% items stuff, I don't see much reason marking your 11 and 12 demos as 100% items. If you look at the regular max for those maps, it also receives 100% items and isn't marked. I think long-term, if DSDA decides to track this as a separate piece of data, it might be interesting, but I don't think it's particularly relevant at the moment, especially in cases where it is essentially trivial and guaranteed on a regular max route.