Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kristian Ronge

Scythe demos [-complevel 2]

kimo_xvirus said:
Sorry for double posting but I'm sure that I attached the zip the first time I posted, here is it :)
EDIT: Oh well I uploaded it here

Could you, kimo, or anyone, post this one again?

Ah, thanks. Funny thing is I had looked at the DSDA page before asking, yet missed it... and it's right there on top of the level 28 demos!

thanks erik, here's some more. :)

map03 UV-speed in 0:20
map04 UV-speed in 0:19

map03 is just more luck than method had, map04 is a variation on the TAS trick. :) i tried map02 too, but there's no way i could react and turn so quickly after the jump to catch 8sec. :P

sc0304dew.zip

wow, damn great times dew. Map01 ecspecially! btw I remember that I got 0:08 on map02 few years ago, unfortunately without recording (and with unnecessary godmode :-D)

Hey dew, really great!
BTW, here are some my unfinished tases.

==============================================
Scythe
Done Quick
UV TAS Speed Movie
Beta Version

MAP01 - 0:08
MAP02 - 0:06
MAP03 - 0:16
MAP04 - 0:13
MAP05 - 0:10
MAP06 - 0:20
MAP07 - 0:01
MAP08 - 0:07
MAP09 - 0:18
MAP10 - 0:11

MAP11 - 0:04
MAP12 - 0:11
MAP13 - 0:18
MAP14 - 0:22
MAP15 - 0:09
MAP16 - 0:15
MAP17 - 0:20
MAP18 - 0:05
MAP19 - 0:15

Total - 3:47

Recorded using GLBoom-Plus 2.5.0.2 & Doom Replay Editor 2.0
Strafe50 is always ON (-complevel 2)

s0919tas.zip

amazing stuff from dew as always, map01 being my favourite. Perhaps i'd watch these 10s demos as well, accurate running has always great rewatchability (man, what a word), even if demos look identical :)

Hey Akse, are you going to finish these ones? Would be cool, as it's pretty fast (haha, all the times are the same as mine, but i've made it to map11 only). Smoothed&fast version would be especially appreciated ^_^ Looks like everyone has it's own unfinished (or even finished) TAS of scythe! Btw, map03 isn't 0:16, it's 0:14.

Yes, of course. My goal is 'Scythe under 7min'.
BTW Map10 in 10sec - possible?

ok i had to post already...

map11 UV-speed/pacifist in 0:04 :)))
map12 UV-speed/pacifist in 0:13
map18 UV-speed/pacifist in 0:08

my will got entirely crushed on map18, so 8.00 it stays. all my endurance was used up on map12, where i finally got lucky with both the imp and the barons. then i tried map11 just for fun... and after 5 minutes i gave up and went playing online... and then i ran it ACCIDENTALLY one more time... :))

sc-dew2.zip

Hello, I'm new here...

I was wondering if anyone has done this before. Scythe map28 (Run From It) TAS UV speed in 0:24.

I hope this all works as intended. :-\

sc28ta24.zip

Dol said:

I was wondering if anyone has done this before. Scythe map28 (Run From It) TAS UV speed in 0:24.

Yes, i did this before in my very old scythe dq. (TAS btw)

30sdq721.zip

OK, good to know. It felt a bit too obvious to remain undiscovered for six ears or so. However, all the demos I found, all the way to Tatsurd's 7:46 TAS from October 2008, used the same plain railroad route. His .txt mentions the blue key jump, but not this one which appears far easier to me. It doesn't even come up in that forum topic or this one.

How old is your "very old" demo and did you ever release it? DSDA only has your betas.

Otherwise I might expect to see this jump in a real demo, but the tricky part is staying alive from a 100/0 start. Being map28, it doesn't feel too tempting for real episode runs either. I guess these tricks will remain mostly TAS entertainment.

Dol said:

How old is your "very old" demo and did you ever release it? DSDA only has your betas.

My 'very old' means winter 2009 and recorded w/o DRE ( i didn't know how to use it :o| ).
P.S. I'm sorry for kept you waiting. I'm very slow sometimes :o|

You can find out what demo format it is by playing it back (or just starting playback and then quitting) in prboom-plus and then looking at stdout.txt (find the "G_DoPlayDemo: " line).

Often when someone hasn't used one of the standard demo formats, it's because they haven't bothered to set a complevel at all, so it is "complevel -1", i.e. "current prboom-plus".

Edit: From stdout.txt:

G_DoPlayDemo: playing demo with PrBoom v2.1.2-v2.2.6 compatibility

So he used prboom 2.2.4 with no complevel.

Cool, thanks for the info, that's handy. In the demo, I noticed the cybers fell off the cliffs (it seems like that would help for infighting), so I had opened the demo in a hex editor to try to find the format.