Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
deathz0r

The /newstuff Chronicles #290

Graf Zahl said:

The only real compatibility issue aside from the ones mentioned by Belial I know of is RTC-3057

Doom Rampage Edition (rampage.wad) - Zdoom v2.0.47i
A Warm Place (awp.wad) - Zdoom v1.23.b33
The Lost Seraphim (seraph.wad) - Zdoom v1.22
The Gateway Experiments (ge1-sso.wad) - Zdoom v1.22.b30

As far as I can tell people weren't complaining about Demon Eclipse getting a bad review, they were complaining about the review style.

I'm fixing those compatiliby issues in 1024 maps so soon they will be updated

Black Crow said:

Doom Rampage Edition (rampage.wad) - Zdoom v2.0.47i

That doesn't count because the creator of this thing was merely to stupid to figure out why his POS didn't work with the current version at the time of release.

funduke said about Mustaines Paradox2:

[Edit:]
But i think, i should first request permission by the author, just to make sure, that it's okay.

He gave his permission. It will be in /idgames in the beginning of next month! :)

Greetings
Funduke

deathz0r said:

There's obvious references to 1994 WADs, wow.wad, Mock 2, Congestion 1024, do-tims, How To Not Be Seen, Imp Encounter, dwforums series, Lost Soulsphere and other various WADs that this is almost like an episode of Family Guy, except I'm actually laughing at it. Who woulda thunk?

I believe it more referenced untitled.wad with a little hint of dwforums.

Graf Zahl said:

That doesn't count because the creator of this thing was merely to stupid to figure out why his POS didn't work with the current version at the time of release.

That AND it can not be obtained anywhere anymore, partially because it had all those illegal MP3s and because nobody cares about it.

Way to self-contradict yourself, moron.

I mostly agree with you on that. While I do agree that it was rather selfish of Aluqah to steal a piece of Dystopia's prized architecture and not even bother to spell the name of the wad correctly, I don't think that it's contradictory to "getting your own ideas"

Way to self-contradict yourself, moron.

way to redundantly express yourself repeatedly, deathz0r.

Killionaire said:

Way to be redundant, moron.

I'm kidding death, I love you baby.

i already posted this wtf

i seem to have come under fire, as it were, for the previous three posts. i would like to attempt to clear my pristine reputation.

to begin:

[mewse] i got bored so i posted to dwf
[Bloodshedder] mewse next time you're bored don't make 3 barely coherent posts in a row in the same thread on dw

and now for my defense:

[mewse] at the end of The /newstuff Chronicles #290
[mewse] in my first post, i criticize the grammar of the original post
[mewse] in my second post, i call afterglow a faggot, because i felt it was necessary
[mewse] in my third post, i express surprise in discovering that someone else has criticized the original post in the same manner as i had done two posts previously
[vera] afterglow is a faggot, thank god
[mewse] needless to say these posts are the epitome of rationality
[mewse] in fact i should post this explanation for any researchers seeking clarification

you all stand corrected. the defense (me) rests.

Having proofread mewse's writing in the past, I humbly submit that any and all opinions he deigns to share with the community are not only grammatically correct, but of entirely sound rationale.

ps. afterglow is a faggot, and all praise be to allah for this most fortunate of gifts to the human race.

jetflock said:

I'm glad you are reviewing wads ONLY in the intended port.

I tried Better late than never in legacy and the vehicles are pretty fucked up in it, since you superimposd the textures with the 3d floors (instead of doing it right and texturing the 3d floors or move the texture away from the 3d floor one unit) so there's a bunch of Z-fighting going on there.

What confused me was why Jetflock got so upset over the review he got for it if it was just a concept map.

ps. afterglow is a faggot, and all praise be to allah for this most fortunate of gifts to the human race.

But he has some good texture packs on his website and that's good enough for me. =)