Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
XDelusion

Level Cut Sceens

Ok, I would like to add in little cut screens in between each level on my new TC. I looked at the DOOM 2 WAD and it seems that they use the same pic to display at the end of each level. Is there a way around this?!? I need a different pic for each level so I can kinda work in a story line ya know?

I'm not sure of the best way to do this, but I can suggest 3 alternatives, all requiring ZDooM:

1. Define each map in the MAPINFO lump, and set up the intermission screens using the "titlepatch <patch>" property.

2. Define your hub (cluster) in the MAPINFO lump, create a dummy map to which the player teleports upon completing each level, set up a camera view on a wall with your intermission pic, then teleport the player to the new map. This is a clunky way of doing it. Also, while an intermission pic may be 320 wide by 240 tall, you can only display a 256 wide pic as a texture.

3. When the exit switch is pressed, teleport the player to a dummy sector in the same map, set up a camera view on a wall with your intermission pic, then teleport the player to the new map. This is a variation of #2, above.

"1. Define each map in the MAPINFO lump, and set up the intermission screens using the "titlepatch <patch>" property."

Alright, I don't have a clue as to how to edit lump files, what tool do you use? I think I'd like to take a stab at this aproach since it sounds like it could be something that might work with Legacy, since at the moment I am not drawn enough towards ZDOOM enough to scrap all my work and re-write it just for that port.

Thankx!

Alright, I don't have a clue as to how to edit lump files, what tool do you use? I think I'd like to take a stab at this aproach since it sounds like it could be something that might work with Legacy, since at the moment I am not drawn enough towards ZDOOM enough to scrap all my work and re-write it just for that port.

A MAPINFO lump is a text file. You can use a text editor to create your lump and then insert it/rename it using WinTex, or create/insert it directly with DeepSea or XWE.

I don't know if Legacy uses MAPINFO lumps. If not, you're out of luck.

The Eternity Engine is capable of full customization of intermission behavior.

To change the pic displayed in the intermission background, use the MapInfo keyword "interpic" -- example:

[level info]
interpic = MYINTPIC

I have been intending to place full MapInfo documentation on the Eternity Engine page but I've not had the time.

Ya I have yet to check out eternity, but as for my project, it has been built with Legacy in mind, and that would be too much work to just throw away just because I may not be able to add in a feature I could live without, or find a better alternative to.